Frank Mighetto Poll

Discussion in 'Forum Questions and Suggestions' started by PAR, Feb 2, 2005.

?

Should Frank Mighetto be banned?

1. Yes

32 vote(s)
    64.0%
  2. Yes, but with conditions

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  3. No

17 vote(s)
    34.0%
  1. Vega

Vega Senior Member

Why do you file the used papers? You are really a economical guy:rolleyes: :p

2. DGreenwood

DGreenwood Senior Member

bilgeboy
    Normally I enjoy your sort of humor...but I fail to find anything funny about Franks BS. Don't get me wrong, I have a particular fondness for the crackpots and outcasts that I come across. Among them you often find the truly inventive and open minded.
    I would not suggest banishment even though he has been booted out of other sites for slander and troublemaking, to the clear benifit of the quality of the forum. I don't have a clue how to deal with this sort of troublemaking. But he and his ilk are clearly not harmless. Neither is the yacht broker that misrepresents the capabilities of a boat that he sells. Neither is the drunk that runs into a jetty at high spead and kills all aboard.
    They all have to be dealt with. I just don't want the various authorities to deal with it. That restricts our lives and fun.
    As long as we are self policeing and provide a means for newcomers to find good quality info and a cogent course through the dangers of learning the game, then there is no reason for us to live under the restrictions that aviators must.
    Frank cannot be allowed to represent himself as a guide to the uninitiated. He is an unstable, mouthy, trouble maker with a pentiant for stringing yachting terminology together to sound beleivable to a newbie. Telling the uninformed that a Mac26 would be OK to sail to Hawaii is tantamount to telling kids it is OK to drink bleach. I won't stand by and let him do it.

You might ask who am I to restrict him..well it's simple, I am the guy that actually appreciates the real adventurers and the freedom that allowed them to do their thing. Moitessier, Slocum, Schwab, MacArthur, and a long list of others all carried out crackpot notions...but they did their time learning the ropes. They asked a lot of questions, they suffered many setbacks and did a lot of miles before they jumped in.There are no rules to stop anyone from doing the same. As long as charlatans like Frank are kept at bay.

And by the way bilgeboy...you'd best leave humor to the pros!
    I hope this facetiousness is not lost.

3. DGreenwood

DGreenwood Senior Member

Vega You are right...here he has mostly lost credibility...it is elsewhere that I worry about.
    The internet is wonderful thing. It allows those that deserve to have a voice to have one...along with the undeserving.

4. Figgy

Figgy Senior Member

I'm might be new here, but anyone who likes/has a MacGregor is done for in my book.

5. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

Who?

as in who is this frank guy and if he's so bad why do you bother, Ignore and forget, he'll go away! he still has a right to mouth off as long as he stays in topic in the serious forums and does't do any nasty personal attacks that cause offence (racist, sexist, etc)! We all do personal attacks but most of these are taken in fun - if they aren't normal people stop! If he doesn't stop to reasonable request, Jeff alone has the right to ban him!

If the rest of you want to ban anyone go start your own forum and ban them from that! Me I like it here, there's some arseholes but see above!!

6. Mark 42

Mark 42 Senior Member

You're coming in a bit late, so here's a brief summary.

This being a design forum, isn't supposed to be a free-for-all.
    Some of the ideas Mighetto has espoused are dangerous,
    most are completely wrog from an aspect of basic physics,
    and he doesn't learn even when proven wrong.

Start at this URL, and you might see what is going on here...

http://boatdesign.net/forums/showthread.php?p=39100#post39100

< posting photos | Idiot posts cluttering up the forum >
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.