Frank Mighetto Poll

Discussion in 'Forum Questions and Suggestions' started by PAR, Feb 2, 2005.

?

Should Frank Mighetto be banned?

1. Yes

32 vote(s)
    64.0%
  2. Yes, but with conditions

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  3. No

17 vote(s)
    34.0%
  1. FranksaDork

FranksaDork Junior Member

This is all veeeery familiar.

2. I have enough problems trying to state my thoughts. Let some other forum be blessed with his knowledge. He can talk more than most woman in a laundromat. I voted goobye.

3. decay21450

decay21450 Guest

I read through tp52 and found nothing offensive or threatening that would justify a banning. Not knowing anything about the people or issues that were being debated, I found most interesting the reaction this guy was getting. Obviously, he is off-base to the mainstream, civilized sailing world, but in a verbose, somewhat articulate way. He poses no threat to anyone except maybe that one industry leader who has somehow managed to get Frank attached to his leg like a bulldog. I voted no.

4. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Frank has hijacked treads and turned them into his soap box of uninformed ridiculousness. Someone interested in an answer has to wade through post after post of off topic junk, to find it, if the subject is ever gotten back to. He has, at times been insulting and degrading, misquoting fellow posters and distorting other posters intents, comments or thoughts. TP52 was his thread and it can't be used as an example, as most of us know what he is and would not venture there. Do a search of his other posts and see what he does to a thread started by someone else.

Judging by his rather conciliatory and retracting post here, it's clear he's gotten a spanking by someone. He went as far as to ward off folks interested in doing to him what he has done to others, by asking them not go to the new web site, he'll be expected to be posting on shortly. Maybe he's interested in some off topic foolishness on this other site and was offering a backhanded invitation to those wanting to joust with him there.

Then again, possibly he's seeing yet another forum debate his continued value as a contributor go away and rethinking his approach to is posts (we can hope) If other forums, some where the tone and acceptability of rank behavior is tolerated to a higher degree, find it necessary to terminate his posting options, it surly is a point for us to consider.

My own verbosity has gotten me into trouble countless times over the years, but I've never tried to be a mean spirit or disturb others to walk away from something they value. I had a great internal debate on beginning this thread, as a liberal, I strongly believe in a persons right to speak. I generally defend the right of the person, I've spent my whole life disagreeing with, to have a say, but sometimes things said, can be quite damaging and destructive, which is counterproductive in a format where production in one form or another is the whole point.

5. Skippy

Skippy Senior Member

decay21450: He poses no threat to anyone except maybe that one industry leader who has somehow managed to get Frank attached to his leg like a bulldog.

I would say the greatest threat is to any novices who might believe his more outrageous claims, and the targets of some of those claims (e.g. J. Teeters). And any more idealistic individuals maybe just starting out in the business, who might be discouraged by seeing a good serious website turned into a circus. On the other hand, you could make an argument that all the Ballerina Science forces at least some of us to think more carefully about things that we might just assume otherwise. And of course there's always the old Darwinistic theory that people deserve what they get. Maybe an even better rationale is preparing people to deal with some of their customers? :rolleyes: :)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2005
  6. Thunderhead19

Thunderhead19 Senior Member

I had grudges against people, but I avoid causing pain and suffering for myself and others by following the eightfold path of the Buddha. Frank should examine his actions with consideration to the four noble truths, and find inner peace and tranquility. Theres some folks here that are riled up too. They should think about why they're angry and upset, and if their reactions are approprate or merely learned response behaviour. Pavlov rang his bell and what happened?

7. Mark 42

Mark 42 Senior Member

8. Wynand N

Wynand N Retired Steelboatbuilder

9. boatgirl

boatgirl New Member

PAR, I agree with you just put him on the ignore list.
    Miss Terri

10. Mark 42

Mark 42 Senior Member

Actually, McMullet has probably proven to be a good thing...
    more people have been scared away from the Mac26
    by the blathering ignorance of one particular self proclaimed
    inexperienced expert in yacht design, semenship, rough weather
    navigation and cutting edge maritime technology than all of the
    advertising dollars of the legitimate yacht manufacturers combined
    could possibly buy.

One paranoid delusional owner is all it really takes.
    God forbid he finds another and they form a club!

Perhaps some other yacht manufacturer (tp52) is sending him out
    (tp52) as a plant (tp52) to scare people away from (tp52) the superior
    designed M26x because they fear (tp 52) that they can't sell their (tp52)
    worthless POS ultraslow (tp52) boats in an unbiased competitive (tp52)
    market.

Anyone have any idea who may have unleashed him upon the yachting
    internet forums world to discredit MacGregor?

11. stevel

stevel Lost at sea

C'mon don't you get it!?

He has the web-forum equivalent of a hidden camera and he's trying to see who will fall for his pranks. I think the guy's a riot. I ignore his threads when I'm looking for boating enlightenment, and I read them when I'm looking for a chuckle.

12. Mark 42

Mark 42 Senior Member

Word.

13. cyclops

cyclops Senior Member

I can see him now. Mighetto explaining why they are losing the war. Slowly Hitler takes his pistol out, takes carefull aim, fires one bullet. Another suicide.

14. Mark 42

Mark 42 Senior Member

15. Thunderhead19

Thunderhead19 Senior Member

I can see it now. The child's gase is fixed for a moment on the stoop shouldered man; a moment later he looks at his mother and loudly blurts out , "Mama, what's wrong with that man's face?"

Seriously Cyclops, what the hell are you talking about?

< posting photos | Idiot posts cluttering up the forum >
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.