Frank Mighetto Poll

Discussion in 'Forum Questions and Suggestions' started by PAR, Feb 2, 2005.

?

Should Frank Mighetto be banned?

1. Yes

32 vote(s)
    64.0%
  2. Yes, but with conditions

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  3. No

17 vote(s)
    34.0%
  1. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Personally, I've read very little of the man's gibberish, and you folks, not him are the blame. You keep feeding the gator and are surprised when he likes to hang out while you are swimming. Clearly he is a fool, but equally clearly are the bone heads who prop up his posts with replies. Getting booted from AS is a mighty sure indication of the nonsense he wallows in. I've never read any post of his that made sense or suggested he had a clue. Why would anyone continue with a fool? Better yet how about a poll on keeping his status alive here as well?

2. Dutch Peter

Dutch Peter Senior Member

PAR,

I have read many of his posts, also on the SA site. I completely agree with you that it is us, who keep him alive on the forum. Subsequently I vote Mighetto should NOT be banned, we do this to ourselves. Everybody should delete his replies and put him on the ignore list.

3. MikeJohns

MikeJohns Senior Member

I deleted my replies on the TP52 thread early. You can't reason with belief systems. His posts tend to screw up and hijack otherwise good discussions. The content in them is not worth following up. Sorry Mighetto but I vote you off.

4. sorenfdk

sorenfdk Yacht Designer

OK - so I'm a bonehead! I guess it takes one to know one!

5. sorenfdk

sorenfdk Yacht Designer

For your information:
    There's still hope! Mighetto has just signed up as a member on the Bang the Corner forums! (http://www.bangthecorner.com).

6. Skippy

Skippy Senior Member

7. Wynand N

Wynand N Retired Steelboatbuilder

Hi everyone, :)

Look what I found. A picture ot the one who can't be named :D

Attached Files:

8. mighetto

mighetto New Member

Skippy you are an all time great! I had to attend to a phone call from a well respected sailor this morning involving the recent invitations for forum participation. As a result of the conversation, I wish to remind all that while I am an officer of South Sound Sailing Society, I do not represent SSSS when I post. Long before becoming an SSSS Officer, I have posted in a similar manner. Again I represent MacGregor Yachts at the same level as a dealer - which is to say not at all. Again, while there are influencial former MacGregor Yacht owners organizing Toliva Shoal (three weeks to go), I am not one of them. SSSS is not the organizer of Toliva Shoal. The organizer is a separate joint venture consisting of individuals from SSSS and Olympia Yacht Club.

I will be starting a couple of threads on the SSSS board this week that have importance but nothing to do with Mac26x vessels or TP52s. This will be a test for those who wish me ill. Please stay off. Have your vote. Have fun, I will kick back a bit and be amazed.

Frank L. Mighetto
    1999 Mac26x Murrelet
    Olympia Washington

9. Skippy

Skippy Senior Member

Quote Spaghetto: Skippy you are an all time great!

Frank, you are the Great One. You post, we believe.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2005
  10. frankofile

frankofile Junior Member

Ha ha ha! Sounds like some one got quite the little lecture.

11. dreamer

dreamer Soñadora

Good point PAR. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that somehow his foolishness has been morbidly mesmerising.

I, for one, will delete my posts and put him on ignore.

12. Skippy

Skippy Senior Member

Quote dreamer: I, for one, will delete my posts and put him on ignore.

dreamer (& thanks for your comment on the other thread), I wanted to use one of Crank Boy's posts as evidence of Spaghetto's accusing people of terrorism. Unfortunately, the post was deleted, along with Spaghetto's response. CB's post was a harmless warning to Spaghetto about possible future actions that might be taken by some hypothetical third party. It was in fact the best example I've seen yet of Spaghetto's intimidation, so I was sorry to lose it. You can't delete your older posts on this site, and I'm still not sure it helps. Ignore works though. :)

Last edited: Feb 6, 2005
  13. D'ARTOIS

D'ARTOIS Senior Member

I am also to blame, I must confess, if he really did the TP52's club Forum,
    www.bangthecorner.com it's me who is at fault. I wrote it in my post a day or so ago, just to tease him a bit. I cannot get angry on him, in spite of all his faultive idea's, so I vote under conditions. Have already done so.
    If he really spoils a valuable discussion, his post should be deleted. That can be done by the moderator who is keeping "Watch".

14. mighetto

mighetto New Member

Skippy, there isn't a captain among us that doesn't want a Trophy Kid on our crews. But neither I nor the sailor giving me a lecture (and it was short) can figure the under 30s out. You all just can not get yourselves to think critically. You march to drummed in notions I assume your parents put into your heads. You are capable of ignoring every fact, legal, in print or otherwise defined even when it is rubbed in your noses. And every opinion that offends you sends you into revenge mode. I mean really, today I was threatened with dog piles on my boat. How childish.

Over lunch I participated in a BLOG discussion among Washington State employees and managers, which I joined in by happy accident. (well who knows about that - somehow it formed outside my office, perhaps not by accident. I later offered my office for continued dialog.) There is concern about BLOGs but not sailing BLOGS. It is the political BLOGS that government entities are hoping to keep out of the work place.

I cope with the situation we have in this state (involving the governorship) by sailing and sailing BLOGs. It keeps me sane. Rational enough to actually get work done. Which ether gets done or is there for me to do in the evening. And I put in a lot of those.

In the discussion, I asked if it might be useful to administer the Myers Briggs style personality test to under 30 year old sailors in my sailing club and crew BTW. Apparently this kind of thing has all ready been tried. No one can figure out the 20 to 30 year olds who live in the USA. The hope is that you will grow out of it and one day be able to think sound enough to judge those you interact with correctly and perhaps even captain your own boats. In anycase, I am obligated to continue trying and will do so, just as I will continue to defend the ride.

15. DGreenwood

DGreenwood Senior Member

Good God !... and he's a Drama Queen too!!

Frank nobody threatened you with any thing. It was suggested that you had probably suffered much dog piles in the past. Big difference douchbag.

I don't feel that this guy should be allowed to spew this crap. He has no interest in the reality and it is a danger to those naive enough to listen.

It will not be funny if he convinces some poor schmuck that he can go to sea in a Mac.

Thumb down

< posting photos | Idiot posts cluttering up the forum >
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.