Frame Mods...

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by roeslerjd, Oct 30, 2006.

1. roeslerjd

roeslerjd Junior Member

I recently found some plans for a pretty decent looking 18 foot sail boat named "Corky"... it is the exact kind I am looking for as my first boat. But the plans are from the 1930´s, so my question is... first, would it be posible to convert the stations to 3/4" plywood (right now they are just some 3/4" sticks bolted, screwed and glued together) Second, is it a good idea to do that? (it sounds logical to me... one piece instead of 5 but as I said before this would be my first) Also, I think it may be easier to find plywood here... I have yet to see White Oak at the hardware store... mind you I don't know what Oak is in Spanish.

I tried to attached a portion of the plans if it didn't work they can be found at http://hometown.aol.com/polytarp/corky.htm

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.