Florida GRP boat factory tours?

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Splint, Jul 9, 2006.

1. Splint

Splint Junior Member

Hi all,
    I'm thinking about heading to Florida to take in the IBEX Exhibition, the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show and the Mega Marine Expo at Sarasota. What would also be an excellent opportunity while in the area is to take a few factory tours of GRP boat production plants. Obviously only some factories are willing to run tours and certain factories would be in the "not to be missed" catagory. Can anyone here point me in the right direction as to which companies offer tours to the general public, I'm primarily interested in GRP power boats but happy to look at other stuff if it works in with the time shedule.

Thanks
    Splint

2. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

If you are in Orlando, check out Regal Marine. They are one of the largest manufacturers. Also Searay is in Merrit Island just south of the Space Center.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.