Forum Rules / Code of Conduct

Discussion in 'Forum Questions and Suggestions' started by Jeff, Apr 1, 2006.

1. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Well,--- Yanmar has got it all wrong then,-- Boy are they making a big mistake. They actually in there foolisheness take the Toyota Lancruiser engine ,marinise it and sell it as a boat engine. This engine is being used to replace old gas motors such as mercruisers. It is one of the most popular engines in the 250hp range today. Jeees I had better phone then up and tell them thay cant do it!!!

2. DanishBagger

DanishBagger Never Again

Is it just me, or has this thread gone way off-topic?

3. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Danish Bagger, Sir you are absalutely 100% correct. I did post before any one wishing to reply " auto engine marinisation"

4. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

OK fellas agree, way off my fault for sticking up for someone!

Won't do it again - stick up for people that is!

I will lie,

cheat

and generally be obnoxious, make of that what you will!

5. DanishBagger

DanishBagger Never Again

Come on, Wally – it's me!

Stick up for everyone, that was not my point, I just thought that engine marinisation could be better off in another thread :)

6. mvd535

mvd535 Junior Member

Forum Rules / Code of Conduct.

Dear Jeff,
    I received Forum Rules / Code of Conduct text as advising.
    Apparently this was caused because I did a big mistake answering and giving thanks to a member named TAD thinking that his answer at the forum was addressed to me. Topic was really the same, so I confused myself.
    I am new member of this forum, just from today, so I am not 100% familiar with the forums webpage usage. Please receive my apology.
    MVD535

7. DanishBagger

DanishBagger Never Again

Welcome, MVD.

I don't think you need to apologise, though.

If you want the advising to stop, you can choose the "thread tools" while in this thread, and choose "unsubscribe".

8. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Well Safewalrus, if you are not gonna stick up for me, I want the bribe back. Seriously though, keeping the forum polite and mostly on-topic is what makes it a success.

9. antonfourie

antonfourie Senior Member

Hear hear

10. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Can any one tell me why I have a V symbol at the side of my name?--Well i think it is a V. It always seems to be there. I was thinking it might be a secret mark by the Admin for 'ban pending' Like a 'one more stike and yer out' kinda thing?

11. Admin

Admin Administrator

If it is the image I just changed from a red "V" to a white circle, that indicates that in your usercp you have chosen to be invisible on the who's online list (and it only shows to you and the moderator(s)/forum admin(s) as different than the rest)

12. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

Danish your right - it is you and engine thingy is better of in engine thingy - the point I believe was...... er what was the point oh yes gonzo was being slagged for inacuracy, in my book that's got bugger all to do with engines! you can be inacurate for most anything - was just sticking up for the guy by stating that In my mind he was doing his best, which he was and is (and I've spent it gonzo so your not getting it back, 1 cent waern't much anyway as bribes go - well OK it's the best offer I've ever had, but there again I'm cheap!) something to do with the new spirit of friendliness that abounds in the world!

13. DanishBagger

DanishBagger Never Again

Okay then. I see your point. But my post wasnt just to you, also to the other bloke(s). And, no, I usually don't go around policing, I just would prefer if this thread would stay open.

14. Figgy

Figgy Senior Member

I'm missin' Welly...

Welly has done some questionable things in the past, but he brought something to the table.
    I like it, we ban the dumb ones but keep the *******s. I understand why Jeff HAD to do it, I just hope Welly got a fair shake.
    -Figgy

1 person likes this.
  15. VKRUE

VKRUE Just another boat lover

Where's Welly ???

Hey, not trying to start trouble but, I thought that Wellydeckhand has been banned ! Have I missed something or what...:?: Welly has been back posting threads within the past several weeks or so... or is someone using the name of Wellydeckhand ?

http://boatdesign.net/forums/showthread.php?t=11993

#1 06-01-2006, 11:43 AM
    Wellydeckhand
    Banned Join Date: Jan 2006

Thomas E Colvin's Junk Rig Book

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anybody have this book by Thomas E Colvin and would like to sell please do no hesitate to email me wellydeckhand@yahoo.co.id or PM in this forum.

Condition from Mint to readable....... so is the price.

Books : Sailmaking: Making Chinese and other sails : sailing Chinese junks and junk-rigged vessels

Wellydeckhand

< Understanding 'rep points' question. | Admin Help! >
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.