Forum Rules / Code of Conduct

Discussion in 'Forum Questions and Suggestions' started by Jeff, Apr 1, 2006.

1. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

I'm starting to feel sorry for Jeff, having to deal with all this, tracking the IPs and such, figuring out who's who and who's lying. Glad you're keeping things together, J. :)

2. JunkBoatDesign

JunkBoatDesign Junior Member

Gonzo, I am trying to be poliet as I have a cat too. But if anybody think that this guy sid nixon have a thing with welly and later drag him down knowing this will hurt him most. Welly promote quite well the exist of this forum to many local boat lover. Once welly is banned, his reputation in local will diminish according but the business will doubtfully uneffect.

U see internet false like this can be proven, if welly real picture and company profile appear and his private data, will that effect and change you all to believe him? or will he expose more danger to himself with nigerian banker sending more mails and lottery possiblitiy wins? Maybe a man in a suitcase with toys to hurt him after exposing his own picture.

I am his friends, I do not need the forum to believe he is framed, I just wants his friends to know, since he is so proud of them and keep having conversation circling the characters of those in the forum that have help and given attention when he need advise.

For the character ID I think, alot other could have double ID but play well and hide it without big suspicious. I cant say I know any of you, cause I am very new here.

Know this however, welly is sad but strong in his persude his need for boat design, but he owned it to his friends that had given him spirit of goodwill. He never did hate westerner. His sister married a German guy.

I know this getting boring, I do not earn anything but think welly had a bad day with sid and his dealing, and deserve his friends at least to not misunderstand him.

To me, I dont think the forum even know who sid anyway. Surely, I too wouldnt give a Dam_n about this affair if not welly's computer time and free beers before. I am not forced and the email was the PDF welly gave to me to show that Royke(designer) existed and the forum banned him also for nothing.

Hei, if anybody in the forum is from Balikpapan, it maybe a free banned of account for you. Thanks to sid nixon.

I am tired and need a beer

Junk

3. JunkBoatDesign

word of advise: for forum well being, this shouldnt be an open free forum but a paid fee forum with only one account for one pay under one company banner?

This way we can verify the motivation and intention base on their background. I think the forum is bigg enough to do this maybe like metal boat forum.

Well, I researching on new junk hull and possibility of new sail option for junk, will be quite and quit sooner than the forum think.

I like Indonesia because a lot of people like us dont dare to invest in this area, making v. less competition. So for those dont understand this forsake part of the world, I thanks thee for not knowing, I have peace and quiet.

Hei, Gonzo, where your info and biodata, wanna post some so I know you too? Will be interesting if you refuse.

junk

4. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

Making this a paid-subscription forum would completely defeat its purpose and would almost certainly kill it instantly.
    The Internet, by design and nature, is a place for free sharing of information. Yes, it has commercial uses, but to securely transfer something (say, money) over the Net requires horrendously elaborate security protocols that require several Ph.Ds to fully understand. Free sharing of information is what it's all about. Make people pay and they will leave.
    Gonzo's info, bio and website are on his profile. Click his name to get there. Same goes for most of us. (Junk, I don't see anything at all on your profile?)

5. JunkBoatDesign

I am doing my research for my little boat and since I was in the right place and wrong time when all this **** hit the fan, so I thought maybe it is not a good way of showing who I am.

Maybe welly wrong , up to you to crucified him. I am happy to stick a toe not a leg into the matter. It seem welly have more enemy than friends in this good forum.

There are around 14,000 expats families in East-Kalimantan. I think I am not only guy from that community viewing this forum.

Junk

6. antonfourie

antonfourie Senior Member

Welly is that you again as "JunkBoatDesign" this time ?

7. JunkBoatDesign

I can just imagine where u get all that 130 post, maybe by just posting where or who is welly anywhere.

If you doubt me send me an email and we log on webcam and have a good pleasant conversation.

I do not want to start a bad way during my stay in the forum trying to figure out junk design, Thank you.

Junk

Junk may derive from the dutch word Jung

8. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

antonfourie: Seems like I am not the only one with the same suspision. The retoric is the same.

9. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

so Welly finally shot himself in the foot eh! Thought he might one day but hell I'm going to miss the fellah who ever he is calling himself these days! (Junkboat Charlie or whatever).

I do believe that his demise has a lesson for us all, no matter our views on his interesting version of English and his possible trust of others (who ever they may be)! But his demise seems plausable if badly done as does his many choices of names - maybe he could go off and open his own forum and talk to himself; that way the rest of us would get a break!! Supprisingly enough he did manage to produce some interesting and thought provoking stuff now and then!

As I said I'm going to miss him:p
    hello Junkboat have you heard about my old friend Welly, forgot who he was supposed to be!:rolleyes:

10. DanishBagger

DanishBagger Never Again

hehe, Wally :)

11. JunkBoatDesign

To my understanding, he sort of quit drinking, thats why I dont know his move in a way. An Indonesian worker of mine,commented that he had asked my draftman about design equipment for school, think his checking out rotring yesterday.

Well, he turn funny not coming to me directly, maybe he is ashame in a way, maybe guilty? I dont know.

Junk

12. safewalrus

Incidentally what's this garbage about Gonzo? Inaccurate information/ No way! Boring - yes! unneccesary - yes! over the top - yes! but I'll give the guy his due; I've never received any inaccurate information from him - he's bored the bloody pants off me with far to much info at times but it's never been inaccurate. Gonzo maintain your standards mate all your info IS legit! If you've ever been wrong 'tis not because you did it delibrately (if you've been fed garbage you can only give out garbage - but I think your to much of a professional to give out incorrect stuff - if your not sure you normally don't! On th other hand as I've said you can be bloody boring but that's you mate and I respect you for it!

best regards

Mike the Walrus

(JEESUS me being nice, sort of! best stop it! play havoc with my rep - er-tat-ion!

13. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

If you not an engineer or mechanic you wont know! He obviously has had a lot of experience on mercruisers and the like. But there are times when his enthusiasm shall we say allows him to site inaccurate information. In 'Auto engine marinization" he claims that auto engines can not be properly marinised because of the requirement 80 thou ring gaps, as well as others. Infact posting proof is one thing that he demands from others, yet he apparantly himself does not think it necessary.
    'Gonzo hath spoken" And that is the end of it!!

As a Mercruiser dealer I just thought that it would have been a simple matter to scan the manual at the appropriate page and post it. I would love to see it.

However, this is not the thread for this post ,Should any one need to reply Auto engine marinization is the place.

14. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

It would be silly to claim I never make a mistake. However, if you point them out I have no problem correcting them.

15. safewalrus

Hang in there Gonzo!

Hey jackyboy, NO i'm not an engineer, wouldn't want to be thankee; but I know one thing I wouldn't put a car engine in a boat - sure you can marinise the damn thing with all yer clever dodads but it's still a car engine when all said and done and It wouldn't be exactly right! so you see in my book Gonzo HAS spoken and as usual he's right - when it comes to the technical stuff (wouldn't want to run an anchor with him till I knew him a bit better, nor point and becket a rope - but I wouldn't do that with you either till I knew you better - no offense meant but you see what I mean, and as far as the technical s..t I stick to Gonzo until someone proves otherwise - which I doubt, and Gonzo why the Hell am I sticking up for you - I don't do sticking up for people normally!! going soft in me old age?)

the Walrus

< Understanding 'rep points' question. | Admin Help! >
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.