Forum Reputation

Discussion in 'Forum Questions and Suggestions' started by Jeff, Apr 2, 2006.

1. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

So do I --he has took my advice and stoped the newcomers from deucting.

2. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

And quite right too. Deucting is as bad as a grown man wearing latex, leather and stilleto heels.....:)

3. alan white

alan white Senior Member

Frosty, do you know the story about the Sneeches, who had stars on their bellies? The other Sneeches had no stars upon thars.
    Yet, they knew quite a bit about marine issues, I bet.
    They lived by the sea, if I remember correctly.

4. alan white

alan white Senior Member

On a boat at least. You meant on a boat, right?

5. apex1

apex1 Guest

why?

Why does the CP show some comments added to the rep. points with a grey point instead of a green one, although the comments are positive and one should expect that this would add to the rep. But it does´nt!?
    Any idea?
    Regards
    Richard

6. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

If the person making a positive or negative comment doesn't have at least 50 posts and a reputation of at least 10, their comment doesn't alter the reputation number of the member whose post is being commented on, but their comment is passed on to the user's control panel and also entered into the rep system so if a problem does arise with a user and all comments about that user are brought up to investigate, it's included for reference. The minimum post count and positive reputation requirement were put in place to prevent new users from rocking the boat before they've been around for a while (or to prevent people from signing up with multiple accounts and easily altering their own rep which did happen once.)

7. Zed

Zed Senior Member

Yey! I got some reputation, and its not bad. Now if I could only work out where you go to see why. I can't see anything on the user CP about it! Maybe I'm silly? Any hints guys?

8. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

Right at the very bottom of your UserCP page, Zed. There's a little box "Latest reputation received" if you scroll down far enough.

9. Zed

Zed Senior Member

Thanks Matt, but not on mine! Must be because I have not got 50 posts yet or something like that.

1 person likes this.
  10. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

Zed - I'm not sure what caused the glitch where yours was not displaying. Will keep an eye on it and/or dig deeper as soon as I get a moment.

11. Zed

Zed Senior Member

Thanks Jeff, I can see it now :) Seeing as yours is the only comment that I can see, is it possible that no comment was left initially so there was nothing to see? Just a thought.

Thks
    Zed

12. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

No, you were correct in that something went wrong with that initial comment - that one should have also shown up in your UserCP, but I do not see anything obvious that explains why it didn't. When I get a chance I'll try and dig deeper to see what is unique about the first one - I have not spotted anything obvious that would cause such a glitch.

1 person likes this.
  13. dskira

dskira Previous Member

This is an interresting point. Who is the idiot for whom. A person can be a friend of other and an idiot for you. How you estimate the qualification?
    Not good enough on what scale. Is your scale universal? Do you have the real truth and aptitude to decide who is good enough, just by your own experience?
    Perhaps someone think you are not good enough, ot perhaps even some think you are an idiot, it do not make you a idiot or a no name.
    Relation between human is pure emotion, feeling, and sensibility.
    No one know the truth, no one is above anybody to decide.
    And at the end of the day, who care what you or me think? are we so important? No.
    Cheers
    Daniel

< How does one start a new " Poll" ? | Suggest adding Nautical & Naval History Forum >
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.