Suggest adding Nautical & Naval History Forum

Discussion in 'Forum Questions and Suggestions' started by Gannet, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Gannet

Gannet Junior Member

I like to suggest that we add a Nautical & Naval History Forum for the following reasons:
    • Based on my last thread "Question about WWII German U-Boats Bow Planes" there was a lot of interest in discussing the historical issues which all seem to enjoy discussing.
    • Design is usually to fill a need which is a result of History and then that design if successful starts making History.
    • Subjects we could discuss such as:
      [*]Nautical Archaeology such as: prehistoric boat origins, how did the Aborigine get to Australia, Polynesians, Mediterranean Sea Peoples, etc.
      [*]Exploration and Explorers
      [*]Early boatbuilding materials and techniques
      [*]Naval warfare & battles
      [*]etc​

Please feel free to comment and add to list of subjects

2. Jenny Giles

Jenny Giles Perpetual Student

IN addition, I'd like to see:
    * Maritime law and regulations through the ages and across cultures.
    * Food and provisions

3. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

I think the WIKI would cover that. It is supposed to be a repository of everything.

< Forum Reputation | Who is behind the picture? >
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.