For those who carry arms on their boats-

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by bntii, Jan 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

The Danes were vikings, were they not?

I thought the Iranians were involved in the shooting of Officer Fletcher, but you must be right.

There was a time in England when all able bodied men were required to bear arms and learn the use of the bow.

Your monarchist dictatorship has removed the head from the body of more than one of my ancestors, which in itself is enough to make one distrust those who place themselves in "positions of authority" over the lives of others.
    I won't say the House of Stafford didn't take part in activities leading to such remedies but the effects do add to one's covering of one's own @ss.

2. hoytedow

Read Machiavelli and Shakespeare. Guns are late-comers to that game.

3. Number4

Number4 Previous Member

WPC Yvonne Joyce Fletcher (15 June 1958 – 17 April 1984)[1] was a British police officer fatally shot during a protest outside the Libyan embassy at St. James's Square, London, in 1984. Fletcher, who had been on duty and deployed to police the protest, died shortly afterwards at Westminster Hospital. Her death resulted in the Metropolitan Police Service laying siege to the embassy for the next eleven days, and the United Kingdom severing all diplomatic relations with Libya. Two years later it became a major factor in Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher's decision to allow U.S. President Ronald Reagan to launch the U.S. bombing of Libya in 1986 from American bases in the United Kingdom.[2]

No one has ever been convicted for the murder of Yvonne Fletcher. However, in 1999, the government of Muammar Gaddafi accepted responsibility for her death and agreed to pay compensation to her family.[3]

In just an 18-month period, Fletcher's death became the third murder or manslaughter of an on-duty policewoman in mainland Britain.

RIP

4. ImaginaryNumber

ImaginaryNumber Imaginary Member

"We think it is poor form for a politician or a special interest group to try to push a legislative agenda on the back of any tragedy."
    -- NRA, after 2008 Northern Illinois shootings

"Now is not the time to debate politics or discuss policy."
    -- NRA, after 2009 Binghampton massacre

"At this time, anything other than prayers for the victims and their families would be inappropriate."
    -- NRA, after 2011 shooting spree that wounded Gabrielle Giffords

"There will be an appropriate time down the road to engage in political and policy discussions."
    -- NRA, after 2012 Aurora massacre

"NRA will not have any comment."
    -- NRA, after 2012 Newtown massacre

5. hoytedow

It is better to be a lion than a lamb.

6. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

I think it would be a more peaceful life by being a lamb in a lambs den.. than being a lion in a lions den.

7. michael pierzga

michael pierzga Senior Member

Whoa.....Must be dangerous to be Santa Claus....

http://[​IMG]

8. michael pierzga

dangerous to be an innocent lamb standing around the boat yard coin op laundry when Patriots are present. You could become collateral damage

http://[​IMG]

9. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Poor kid surrounded by Mor ons let alone a machine gun up his nose.

Maybe the Russians could adopt the poor fellow and give him a good normal life.

10. daiquiri

daiquiri Engineering and Design

This is not patriotism, this is pure idiocy. :eek: :eek: :eek:

11. michael pierzga

Errr emm...obviously your not a patriot.

I wonder how yacht designers can best cater to patriots ?

Perhaps Americans crave designs with many portholes...gun ports... in the topsides ?

Could be worthwhile exploring this concept.

12. ImaginaryNumber

ImaginaryNumber Imaginary Member

Christmas, originally, was a religious holiday, only secondarily a national holiday. Maybe that says something about something... :(

13. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

It still is a religious holy day, its Jesus birthday. He was born in a stable because there was no room at the inn,--well there never is at Christams , its always busy

Actually if there was a Jesus he was born in Feb. But hey Im not a party pooper.

14. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

I think it is idiocy to take a joke as fact. You may be missing the humor because of the cultural differences. By the way, even though I live in the USA, I was born in Uruguay and am a Spanish national.

15. daiquiri

daiquiri Engineering and Design

Michael, frankly I wouldn't bring the discussion down to that level. It is not about Americans, in a general sense. They are not all favorable to the gun-proliferation, just as not every European or Australian person is favorable to a ban on firearms for civilians.

By using the word "Americans" in this way, you are making a gross nationalistic discrimination, which many will find offensive.

Cheers

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.