For those who carry arms on their boats-

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by bntii, Jan 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

"Please do not get personal or abusive," the man says -- in the same post where he calls me a fanatic, tells me firearms possess my soul, and claims I disapprove of criminals only because I'm jealous.:rolleyes:

Are you for real, myark, or are you deliberately playing this thread for laughs?:p:D:p

2. myark

myark Senior Member

Thats what I am saying with guns in the USA, many are gun fanatics

3. Petros

Petros Senior Member

for entertainment value...like watching a fish flop around after it landed itself on a deck of a boat.

You also ignored both of my statements about getting back to the topic, and what do have to say about the Kemare Rouge?

4. myark

myark Senior Member

Petros quote "We do not care what you think. You are irrelevant."

Hmmmmmm, then why read my post

5. pdwiley

pdwiley Senior Member

Probably the same reason I do - to see just how irrational and desperate you can get in search of a valid argument.

Now - how does acts of war by nation states have relevance to acts of individuals in direct disobedience of the laws of their states?

It doesn't, does it? You're thrashing about like a landed fish.

PDW

6. michael pierzga

michael pierzga Senior Member

You like to use the words irrelevant and ignorance.

Perhaps use these words with US Supreme Court Chief Justice Warren Burger who clearly stated ...

" The Gun Lobby's interpretation of the Second Amendment is one of the greatest pieces of fraud, I repeat the word fraud, on the American People by special interest groups that I have ever seen in my lifetime. The real purpose of the Second Amendment was to ensure that state armies - the militia - would be maintained for the defense of the state. The very language of the Second Amendment refutes any argument that it was intended to guarantee every citizen an unfettered right to any kind of weapon he or she desires."

7. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Myark: you keep on posting stupid, bigoted remarks that have nothing to do with the thread and are not answering a previous post. Take your stupidity and insults somewhere else. That attitude is despicable.

8. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

Warren Burger's personal opinions are irrelevant. He was never part of an official Supreme Court ruling on the subject -- and had he been, it sounds to me like he might have been writing the minority (losers') opinion, not the majority opinion.

However, keep in mind that the Supreme Court decisions in District of Columbia v. Heller and McDonald v. Chicago didn't say that an intrinsic right to keep and bear arms is the same as 'an unfettered right to any kind of weapon he or she desires.' Both decisions acknowledged that reasonable restrictions and requirements can be imposed -- both on who can own a gun, and what kind of gun they can own. However, those restrictions and requirements cannot rise to the level of completely banning ownership of firearms. Nor can they be so onerous that they impose a de facto ban.....

And both decisions explicitly stated that self defense is a legitimate, constitutional reason to own a gun.

9. michael pierzga

michael pierzga Senior Member

. What Burgers statement means is that as a Chief Justice and an educated American, he views the constitutional right of a private citizen to carry arms to be flawed.

Chief Justice Burger is neither irrelevant nor ignorant.

The people who block any meaningful form of gun control, by waving the second amendment, are obstructionist and ..... ignorant

10. Boat Design Net Moderator

Boat Design Net Moderator Moderator

It seems the gun control issue is so polarized and often emotive on both sides that it's unlikely the thread is going to yield more relevant and useful information for those designing and building boats or boaters at this point. Rather than bloat out the boat design database and become a magnet for further insults, it would probably be best to take the political gun control topics to the gun forum mentioned in the thread previously or one of the many political forums which exist for this purpose. https://www.google.com/search?q=politics forum

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.