For those who carry arms on their boats-

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by bntii, Jan 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michael pierzga

michael pierzga Senior Member

You just need more practice.

Besides it looks like new laws will prevent this defensive action.

Might have to use something like a flamethrower

STARBOARD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Number4

Number4 Previous Member

I like your thinking Michael,
    The Americas Cup would be infinitely more fascinating if the rules dictated that an Oerlikon must be fitted and used at every opportunity.

Attached Files:

3. Submarine Tom

Submarine Tom Previous Member

STARBOARD!!!

LOL!!

Good one MP!

4. Petros

Petros Senior Member

New York is already one of the most dangerous places in the USA, they are incapable or unwilling to keep criminals off the street, so the law makers propose and pass such useless regulations (in record time and without public comment) that will do nothing to prevent criminals from causing more crime. these laws only harm the law abiding citizen who is not a threat to anyone regardless of the type of firearms they own. It is more useless "feel good" laws that accomplishes nothing. It would not have prevented any of the recent tragedies committed by mentally ill individuals.

Go ahead, run over your constitutional civil rights with meaningless laws, if it makes you feel safe. Why not just put suspects in jail without a trial? Why bother giving them attorneys? Would that not save lives? Would that not save the taxpayers at lot of cost and trouble? Go right ahead since you ignore your civil rights anyway.

The second amendment is not about hunting, it is about liberty and a person's natural right to freedom and self defense. It looks like many in New York do not care about such issues, so go ahead and just throw suspects in jail for life without a trail, it amounts to the same thing. I will never go to New York, full of criminals are really stupid laws.

5. Submarine Tom

Submarine Tom Previous Member

Why not just shoot them and save all that paper-work?

You know, like the wild west from years gone by.

Isn't that sort of what the NRA had in mind by giving teachers guns?

As far as boats go, they make excellent sound signalling devices.

6. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Another gun thread seems to have crept under the fence.

Whaddya think 5 days,--- a week --- I'lle give it a month tops.

7. Number4

Number4 Previous Member

Those poor New Yorkers, having their assault rifles taken from their warm, soft hands!

8. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

They aren't assault weapons. They are defense weapons. Dis-arm the law-abiding citizens so you can have your way with them; not bloody likely.

Dictators love to dis-arm the populace.

9. daiquiri

daiquiri Engineering and Design

Naaah, this one is about boats - hence, in line with the forum rules. :)

10. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

11. daiquiri

I'm wondering how many reinforcing layers of fiberglass have to be used to carry that stuff?

If it was fitted on an articulated supporting framework, it could also be used as a movable ballast. Good idea.

12. michael pierzga

michael pierzga Senior Member

If you have cored decks, the recoil stress caused by machine guns will leed to expensive core repairs and harm resale value.

Better to exercise your Constitutional rights on the water with a smooth firing deck mounted laser.

Perhaps mount this second amendment rig aft and make it double as a dingy davit.

http://[​IMG]

13. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

I take it the magazine can now only hold 7 bullets as previously it was 9 ( i think). Yes its true, im not taking this too seriously as neither are the Americans.

So you can now only mow down 7 and not 9 ( I think)

Its kinda like an improvement,---if your eighth in line ( I suppose)

I understand the feelings that if I dont have a gun I cant shoot back but what if you has a speare gun instead. I tell you what I would not like a spear gun in my belly,--Ille take a bullet.

So if we walk around with a speare gun in Mc Ds or toys are us you would fee ok about that.

Funny that USA is safe they tell me at the travel agents, Im assured I will not get shot --yeah its only the criminals or maffia that have guns but people like hoyts wont let go of theres --are they criminals or maffia then?

I knew a Vietnam soldier that said he never has a gun, he said he can wipe out and take a pirate on his boat with a speare gun and has done so. He was a quite type and I beleive him.

He also said a metal flare gun that IS legal with shot gun shells is equally as effective. The flare gun can be plastic these days and will NOT take a shot gun shell. A magnesium flare in the bottom of your boat will mean you cant breath let alone distinguish the flames.

14. daiquiri

I have not read all the amendments, but I'm pretty sure that several of them should be covered with just one shot of these:

[​IMG]

For real freedom fighters only.

15. Number4

Number4 Previous Member

Hi Hoyt,
    I was always taught that the best form of defence is to attack! Assault Rifle is a pretty gay name, I admit, I do not know why I used it. I guess I have been watching BBC News too much. Machine gun sounds much more impressive.

I was looking at arming myself here, I can get an air rifle for £800.
    http://www.airrifleshop.co.uk/Guns/BSA/BSAMain.htm
    Thats pretty funny. I would be more dangerous with a catapult firing rocks. What sort of nutter pays £800 for an air rifle? I guess I will have to make do with my carbon fibre pool cue and gaelic hurling stick for home defense purposes.

I see that US gun sales have gone through the roof in the last few months. Gun shops are all sold out of big clips and auto rifles. Funny old world, you try to achieve one thing and the opposite happens.

I have a great idea for a movie now "DEATH RACE 2013 : THE AMERICAS CUP"
    ' Here comes Alinghi, rounding the top mark, Emirates are flooding their torpedo tubes, fish away! Oh look, Oracle has opened up with her mini gun and caught them unawares!!'

Best Wishes,
    Adam

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.