New Member - Hi

Discussion in 'Forum Questions and Suggestions' started by HarryN, May 19, 2008.

1. HarryN

HarryN Junior Member

Hi, new member = thanks for putting this forum together.

My reason for joining, is actually for my father. His background:

- Lives in N OH, likes to fish on small / calm lakes and driking water resevoirs
    - 82 years old
    - Walks with help from a walker (broke his hip a few years ago)
    - Has a 40 year old Grumman Al "sport canoe" - sort of a hybrid between a canoe and a row boat. - so it has a flat stern and sort of a canoe like shape.
    - The places he goes mostly are electric motor only and relatively calm water.

He can no longer use the boat, mostly because he cannot deal with getting it on and off of the trailer. I live in CA, so he is mostly stuck fishing from shore.

I had the crazy idea that if I could find a new boat for him that had an "integrated, self propelled trailer" (so it could make it from the place you park, to the ramp) that this might work for him.

I did some on - line searches for amphibious craft, and they seem to be all gas powered, and not really able to be towed.

I am toying with the idea of building something like this, but frankly, would rather buy if I can for many reasons. I could really use some suggestions on where to look.

Thanks

< New Kind of thread | Fonts used in the forums ... >
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.