Floating Dry Dock

Discussion in 'Stability' started by captraj, Dec 17, 2010.

1. captraj

captraj New Member

Hi, I am looking for a firm who could help design a CAISSON TYPE Floating Dry Dock, Max lift 7000 T ! Appreciate ur help! Rgds

2. rasorinc

rasorinc Senior Member

Google floating dock systems and you will find answers to your inquiry. I had a good one saved but just cannot find it. Lots under floating dock systems.

3. Stumble

Stumble Senior Member

Ras,

The floating docks you will find there don't come anywhere near 7,000tons, maybe 7,000 lbs.

Cap,

I don't know anyone offhand for the design elements, but I do know some builders who might be interested in a project this size.

4. MikeJohns

MikeJohns Senior Member

If it's any help there are good class guides such as Lloyds register rules for floating docks.

5. captraj

captraj New Member

Tks guys , I am now in touch with a few Engineering firms in Sweden/ Holland and hope to have some clue from there ! Tks

6. JRMacGregor

JRMacGregor Junior Member

GVA in Gothenburg (perhaps one of the ones you are already in contact with) is (or was) a well known name for floating docks.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.