Solo around the world by J. Slocum.

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by Pericles, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Pericles

Pericles Senior Member

The first singlehanded solo voyage started in 1895. "Spray" wasn't a multihull, but if there are some amongst you who would like to read the book published in 1900, go to http://www.ibiblio.org/eldritch/js/saaw.htm. It's a ripping yarn and details attacks by pirates off N. Africa and by natives of Tierra Fuego as well as recording the world as it was then. I'm up to chapter 11.:D :D :D

I've posted here to get attention, but if the post is moved, so be it. Hint, hint.

Pericles

2. Harold B

Harold B Junior Member

In the wake of the Spray

Kenneth Slack, an Australian, wrote a follow up book called "In the wake of the Spray" it is an awsome read if you can understand loving a boat and desiring her. He goes over her lines and performance in wonderful detail.
    I personally think it would be a labor farm to handle close onshore alone but with a crew it would be a good coaster as well especially with a family.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.