1980's Phoenix Cascade Fiberglass Refinish Help

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by McKenleyNewman, Oct 14, 2016.

1. McKenleyNewman

McKenleyNewman New Member

I recently ran into this Older style Fiberglass kayak. I have wanted a glass boat for a while now since all my boats are plastic. I wanted a boat i could learn how to take care of fiberglass patches and everything that comes with it.

Any who I got this boat and want to refinish the bottom of it. There are a few places where the glass is starting to splinter and be fibery fuzzy. From my research I could just do a strong coat of epoxy and hardener on it and be fine? Is that true? What epoxy do i use? Whats the process here. I truly know nothing. Thanks!

2. ondarvr

ondarvr Senior Member

Just putting a coat of epoxy on it won't do much to help. We would need much more detailed information to supply a good answer. Pics help a great deal.

3. McKenleyNewman

McKenleyNewman New Member

4. Jim Caldwell

Jim Caldwell Senior Member

Now show the bottom area your concerned with.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.