Grand Pelican plans

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by Jack_B, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Jack_B

Jack_B New Member

Does anyone have for sale or know where I can get a set of Bill Short's Great Pelican plans? I've tried a few email addresses I've come across on line and none of them are active.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  2. SamSam

SamSam Senior Member

http://sailboatdata.com/viewrecord.asp?class_id=7766

http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/boat-design/back-basics-boat-simply-built-huge-volume-14574.html

This is run by the designers widow. I don't know if it still exists or not. I don't think there is a "Grand" pelican.

3. Jack_B

Jack_B New Member

Yes, it's the Great Pelican I'm after. I tried the email but it came back as undeliverable. Maybe I'll try snail mail. Thanks.

4. ImaginaryNumber

ImaginaryNumber Imaginary Member

5. Jack_B

Jack_B New Member

Thanks. Am a member of the Yahoo group and have received the plans from M. Short. They are a bit of a puzzle (was spoiled by the Bolger plans when I built my Micro) so any resources you might come up with would be appreciated. Am currently scouring the net for pictures of the build.

6. ImaginaryNumber

ImaginaryNumber Imaginary Member

Sorry, I don't have experience building a Pelican. But you might try asking your questions on either this forum or the Yahoo forum. Someone is bound to have an opinion! :)

7. twistedmember

twistedmember New Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.