New here. First Q, Orlando Clipper.

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by Holy Mackerel, May 13, 2010.

1. Holy Mackerel

Holy Mackerel New Member

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for information on an Orlando Clipper our family owned in '73 - '75. To the best of my recollection and an old picture it was at 21' deep or modified V fiberglass with 140hp Volvo and OMC stern drive. Walk-thru windshield. If it matters, it was two-tone green, light green top with a darker green hull. Had a live well or beer cooler with two hatches over the transom as I recall. I was a teen at the time.

Of course I'm not trying to find THAT boat but just information as to what model it was. We owned it while living in the Panama Canal Zone and used it for off-shore fishing, 10+ miles out. Great memories. We pulled it with a '60's era Army jeep.

Thanks,

Holy Mackerel
    Virginia

2. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

3. Holy Mackerel

Holy Mackerel New Member

Thanks. I saw that Craigslist ad and the hull looks very much like I remember, even the interior layout except is didn't have a cabin. Just walk-thru to the bow benches. That and ours was a stern drive, not outboard. Had to be the same 21' hull though.

I don't have any pics but my dad has the only one I remember of the boat. He's standing in front of it parked in our carport. He's looking at a Tarpon longer than he is tall that he caught while we were out on the boat. I'll ask him to copy the photo and send it to me, then I'll post it here. Could be a couple of weeks.

I'll keep looking though.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.