anybody know how to open a *.sd file in NAPA?

Discussion in 'Software' started by happyguy, Jul 20, 2010.

1. happyguy

happyguy Junior Member

hi all, I try to open a *.sd (secondary database file) with my NAPA, I'm quite sure this file was built by NAPA, but how to open/assemble it? Anybody knows?

2. ontwerp

ontwerp Naval Architect

.sd file

An .sd file is automatically made when you open a .db file or create a new project in Napa. As far as i know it is not possible to open an .sd file...

The .sd file is a database of stored calculation results and generated tables, figures, etc. All the project related stuff is in the .db and the .sd can even be omitted when you are sending the project to a client or to classification.

When you are working in the project you also can specify that the created tables and figures and things be stored in the .db file (db1). This can be useful if you want to send the project to someone, and include some results but not all the calculation results. The .sd file can get bloated pretty quickly, especially when doing probabilistic damage stability calculations - so you might not want to try to send that to a client.

3. happyguy

happyguy Junior Member

Thanks Ontwerp, seems I should ask the consultant to provide a db file.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.