parabolistic damage stability-SOLAS

Discussion in 'Stability' started by e.m.milad, Sep 22, 2015.

1. e.m.milad

e.m.milad Junior Member

Hi every body,
    If any body solve a probabilistic damage stability calculation with autohydro, it is really appreciated if share them here. I need to do same with Autohydro.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
  2. NavalSArtichoke

NavalSArtichoke Senior Member

The correct term is "probabilistic damage stability".

3. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

The correct term is "probabilistic calculation". Stability after damage is not probabilistic.

4. NavalSArtichoke

NavalSArtichoke Senior Member

The current SOLAS damage stability method is indeed referred to as "probabilistic damage stability", as can be seen in this publication from Lloyd's Register:

http://www.skibstekniskselskab.dk/p.../5 nov 07/Den 5 nov jens Peter & Henrik E.pdf

This term distinguishes this method from the older "deterministic damage stability" regulations which were in wide use before the new SOLAS regulations were adopted.

5. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

I guess it is a matter of semantics. But I do not mind saying, N-Achoke, you're right.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.