Floating home is NOT a boat,sez US Suprimes

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by FAST FRED, Jan 25, 2013.

1. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

No, Lincoln didn't create a Frankenstein. It amazes me that any American can be so ignorant as to believe Lincoln destroyed this country, instead of saving it.

Tell me: what part of "Articles of Confederacy and Perpetual Union" don't you understand?

And although the states generally retain sovereignty within their boundaries, they explicitly --in both the Articles and the Constitution -- ceded many of their sovereign powers to the federal government, including the right to make war, sign treaties, and regulate imports and exports.

They also agreed to give 'full faith to the public Acts, Records, and Judicial Proceedings of every other State..." Rather obviously, truly independent countries are under no such obligation when it comes to the laws and proceedings of other countries.

1 person likes this.
  2. WestVanHan

WestVanHan Not a Senior Member

I wonder if having a couple old outboards clamped on the back would have helped?

3. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

It would have been counterproductive. Remember, his appeal was based partially on the fact that the city wrongly classified his home as a vessel instead of a house, so they could go around state laws governing the seizure of someone's home.

4. FAST FRED

FAST FRED Senior Member

"I'm curious, Fred: did he also ding you, for the anti-union post I was responding to?"

Nope , I guess he believes in Freedom , not union thugery.

I'm not anti union , dad was a union plumber I was ALPA when I worked.

Political cash provided by tax payers to government unions is my gripe ,
    as we get shafted time after time , with our own bucks.

BIG TIME!!!!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.