Cheap Upholstery

Discussion in 'Materials' started by tbevins, Jul 18, 2006.

1. tbevins

tbevins New Member

I'm new to the forum, my father just gave me his 20' wellcraft open-bow and my frineds and I on our off time from college and work are trying to re-upholster the inside, We would really appreciate any information on the cheapest way to redo the seats, im guessing vinyl but we dont know if theres a specific type of padding or wood for backing to use. were poor students but were trying to make the boat as nice as possible. any help would be appreciated. thanks

2. lprimina

lprimina Senior Member

just for backing the cheapest wat to do it is with salt treated plywood. If the wood is going to be seen I would use a mohogany plywood. Vinyl will work. and regular padding. If the repairs are done right and then taken care of you will get years of use however if it is left outside with mother nature nothing will last long.
    Ben

3. tbevins

tbevins New Member

sweet thanks a lot, its comming allong really nice we have everything out and the new carpet in, loks really good. were trying to get a good deal on foam. everywhere i have loked has been really proud of their foam. I cant find 3in thick pieces for any reasonable price at all. if anyone has any good places for foam id apreciate it.

4. Scotts

Scotts Junior Member

Where did you get your carpet from?

And how much did it cost. I am currently looking for carpet for my boat

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.