Flexible welded composites

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by EStaggs, Jun 10, 2008.

1. ondarvr

ondarvr Senior Member

I have no doubt you can make a very sea worthy boat using these panels. The look may not appeal to everyone, but for one off, build your own boat type projects, it may be very cost effective. I know the builder of these panels very well, they can make it any thickness and use almost any laminate schedule or resin you want, they also have many options for core material. Plywood is the low cost product and they have many types of foam, so the panles can be made very light and strong if you want.

I don't know if you've stopped by their plant, but they have many samples of panels for you to look at and they'll give you cost pretty quick.

2. EStaggs

EStaggs Senior Member

The designer has, and he is specifying a somewhat specialized schedule for this idea, which they say they would do special runs for. He didn't get too detailed with me about it (im just the assistant, as we all know), but there were some specifics that I guess he had to sweet talk the plant into.

I am trying to talk him into getting the material made for a prototype, but as always money for R&D is the hardest to come by.

E

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.