Saga of a Architect in Michigan

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by kach22i, Nov 6, 2008.

1. kach22i

kach22i Architect

Saga of a Architect in Michigan

I'm moving my work office into my home office by the first of the year and giving the space back to the landlord, I just talked to the lease agent.

I can't keep paying for a space I'm never at.

For the last few months I've been helping out the 64 year old architect which gave me my first real architecture job back in 1985. He has a little work (very little), I have none or close to none. I'm looking for something more than this temporary gig, but somehow the 100 mile a day round trip does not bother me.

PDF Portfolio:
    http://www.kachadoorian.com/general.pdf

www.kachadoorian.com

I've sought international work with a couple of large firms as I have little faith in the US economy. However the bottom has fallen out, and the wheels have come off. I'm not sure that moving to China or Dubai are even options now.

I'm looking for new employment opportunities and would appreciate any insights you may have. I've been self employed for the past eight years, and have 23 years work experience.

This economy has me for a loss of words. I've gambled for the past two years on several developers to obtain financing based on "site use studies" I've done for them. I lost that gamble as I'm sure many people have in this credit crisis.

Now what?

Cheers, George/kach22i

2. Butch .H

Butch .H Senior Member

PM me your email addres

3. kach22i

kach22i Architect

You have elected not to receive PM's, my e-mail is in the resume and on my website.

gkachadoorian@yahoo.com

Cheers, George/kach22i

4. Butch .H

Butch .H Senior Member

Sent you a email

5. masalai

masalai masalai

Geees George, That is sad news... I think the downturn is almost Global... I was hoping my refuge would be somewhere in the Solomon Islands or northern Vanuatu, but I too left my run a bit late as my home has not sold (the proceeds to build a Bob Oram 39'C motor-sailor as a means to get there)... Now I feel I will be weathering the storm from the "office with a view"... I hope you are not burdened by a mortgage or debt that needs servicing...

God bless you Sir, and please maintain your presence here....

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.