Fixing a sub-standard commercial-built boat

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by lockhughes, Jul 9, 2002.

1. lockhughes

lockhughes ElectricGuy

DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK. You have been warned.
    (unless you have waaaaaay too much time on your hands, and are comfortable with having an addictive personality)

http://www.vonwentzel.net/Prout/

L

2. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

We took some heat for even linking to that site (though it was actually listed in our directory not the Boatbuilding Ring as Mr. Knox-Johnston says below)
    I should add that there are two sides to every story and I can understand why my Knox-Johnston would be upset if the claims on that web site are untrue – I have no information one way or the other so I will stay uninvolved. But I don’t like the idea of being threatened or bullied by the fear of "costly legal action" for simply linking to a web site. I told Mr. Knox-Johnston that if he has a legitimate cause of action he should contact the person who created, maintains, or hosts the web site not the web directories which link to it.

3. lockhughes

lockhughes ElectricGuy

Yikes... well, hope it's OK to leave my msg up here - let folks make up their own minds? Or delete, if it makes your life easier <smile>
    It is interesting to see how little of the Prout $$$ problems seems to have made it's way into the www.media ... If K-J/Prout feels this way `bout the vonwentzel site, I'd a thought they'd be concentrating their legal guns there? How `bout if they refute particulars, rather than the sweeping generatizations? I dunno...

I just thought the vonwentzel site an interesting "tutorial" in onboard systems.
    L

4. lockhughes

lockhughes ElectricGuy

ps... always thought Prouts looked ugly as hell <wink>
    L

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.