Fitting inboard to 19Ft hartley

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by bazzle_218, Jan 26, 2007.

1. bazzle_218

bazzle_218 New Member

Hi All
    I have a 19 foot hartley. My question :confused: ? i'm currentley running and old 70 evinrude outboard cost of fuel on a long run prohibitive. Not worried re cruising a bit slower. I have been offered a Kubuta Diesel and leg at the right price. I am reasonbly comfortable with my ability mechanical, wood, fibreglass ect. but can some one please let me know what modifications are required to fit the motor other then mount the leg. For example fitting engine to hull. Do i have to strenghten the hull and stringers. Also read somwhere that Transom may need to be strengthed. Seem strange to do if only fitting a leg./ I would have thought an outboard would have similar sress. I have searched hi and low with no luck on the web. I know hartleys can be fitted with an inboard. ? Also motor set near the stern or slightley forward. any help or links to site appreciated. Should say Marine ply hull in good condition. if this is the wrong thread site pls let me know:D

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.