Fishy story...but true.

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Wynand N, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Wynand N

Wynand N Retired Steelboatbuilder

The missus bought me a fishfinder unit for my fishing boat as a Christmas present after some endless nagging on my part. This is my first ever and keen to try it out, my buddy Rudie and myself went fishing the weekend and what a marvel this thing is.
    Depth, bottom surface, obstacles, fish and temperatures are shown, and this model even shows the different fish in different sized icons and the depths they are.

As it happen, yours truly caught all the fish and Rudie none and then we had the laugh of our life... Rudie had told his lady about my present, and when she phoned him whilst we are fishing on the boat, and he told her that I am in the pound seats he had caught nothing, she said; " well my love, then we just have to get you a fishfinder as well" :D :D

2. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Yip Wynand, it's a must have, can find all the structures where the fish hides, and an indicator when to get that daggerboard up ;)

3. StrandedMariner

StrandedMariner Steelboatsailor

And the more modern units even catch AND eat the fish for you. :D

4. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

I need a fish finder. The screen on my Navman has gone funny but still works if I squint at it.

So what make and model is it.

Oh and why are you opening your Christmas present before Christmas?

5. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Here in SA Christmas starts beginning of Nov already. The wife is taking pictures with her's already :rolleyes:

6. masalai

masalai masalai

Fanie, has she caught you in an embarrassing situation yet - please post as a good laugh is needed every so often....

7. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

No man, I don't mess with other women :D

8. masalai

masalai masalai

I meant innocently sitting on the throne laying chocolit eggs? - - suddenly the door bursts open and FLASH - - - Gotcha and befory you can wash your hands, it is posted on the net.... sort of embarrasment - - - - - or- - - - - She, full of concern draws a beaut bath for you to relax in and recover from a harrowing working day - brings in a beer for you and sits nearby chatting and you warn her to vacate as you feel a fart coming on and quick as a flash - out comes the camera to capture the rising methane......

9. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Have you ever put the depth sounder transducer onto your stomach and took a reading,--like a CT scan?

I have.

10. masalai

masalai masalai

see any fish? and how would you suggest catching the fish in your stomach? (get them drunk by excess alcohol consumption then barfing into a large receptacle so you could dilute and wash away all the other stuff and retrieve the fish????)

11. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

I didnt see any fish, but I could see two round things at a depth of 1 foot

12. Wynand N

Wynand N Retired Steelboatbuilder

Knowing woman, you should know they will skimp on their superiors. Had expecting a Technicolour Hummingbird or better, but the old bird bought me a Cuda168 - basement range but nice....

13. ancient kayaker

ancient kayaker aka Terry Haines

Consider yourself fortunate; I got a net. It looked familiar, then I realised the net I used for cleaning the pool had gone. Mind you, it's been lucky for me, caught hundreds with it. Frogs, toads, the odd dead bird, even a still alive and extremely pissed-off shrew, but it would be churlish to complain.

14. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

I was going to say something similar. She is too good for him.

You got a net? , your lucky, Ile will probably get nothing but ear ache, and I will probably have to drive her to the shops when i should be out drinking.

15. masalai

masalai masalai

Bloody sorry lot aren't we... I just leave and go to the other home till she is in a better mood with me :D:D:D:D

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.