Large Skiff/Launch Project

Discussion in 'Projects & Proposals' started by adt2, Apr 9, 2012.

1. adt2

adt2 Senior Member

I'm looking for a designer to help me work up plans for a large (22'-26' range) skiff suitable for the hobbyist to build in some form of wood construction - likely epoxy strip construction.

Here are a few of the boats that are the inspiration for this project:
    Caribiana 23
    Monomoy First Light
    Ynot Wilbur

These are just a few of the craft that have caught my eye, but they are representative of what I'm looking for.

I don't have a lot to offer - other than ideas and input - on the design process. However, when the design is complete, I do have a large-format CNC machine capable of milling parts from full plywood sheets. I would be willing to mill a set of frame/part patterns/building jig for the completed boat (not the material or the shipping/delivery - unless you're within a reasonable distance of Houston - just the CNC time, normally billed at $85/hour). I can also do AutoCAD, some Rhino, and SolidWorks work as necessary.

PM me if interested in working on this project.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.