fishing cat plans?

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by dav803, Nov 30, 2007.

1. dav803

dav803 New Member

i would like to know if there are any fishing cat plans out there in the range of 16' to about 25'. i am in the usa but that doesnt make that much difference. i am looking to build a cat for my next boat and i'm having a hard time finding any plans. i have seen east cape boats but thats about it. planing hulls , displacement i don't care.

thanks

david e.
    virginia
    u.s.a.

2. Jarrod

Jarrod Marine Designer

We are a marine design firm located in New Zealand, we will design custom power catamaran to your requirements, full plan sets, cnc cut files, the lot.

Talk soon

3. dav803

dav803 New Member

hey thanks for the reply and you have some really neat designs !! just alittle on the large side for me to build . i'm looking for something in the 18 to 25" range.

thanks
    dav803

i saw ccplans too.

4. Richard Woods

Richard Woods Woods Designs

Although I am best known for my sailing catamaran designs, see www.sailingcatamarans.com, I have just started to design a range of power catamarans.

You can see brief details of my 20ft trailable powercat on the New Designs page of my website. I am building the prototype with a small cuddy as an island commuter (I have a house in the Gulf Islands of British Columbia) but it is also available as an open deck boat.

Take a look and if you are interested please get back to me for more details.

Good fishing!

Richard Woods of Woods Designs

www.sailingcatamarans.com

5. CTMD

CTMD Naval Architect

Since everyone else is plugging their services I will too.

7m Aluminium power cat detailed for home construction. Design package includes all cutfiles. A range of cabin options are available.

[​IMG]

Sorry for the rough drawing, the client for the first boat didn't have a budget or need for rendering etc.

Regards

Chris Tucker.
    www.ctmd.com.au

6. kengrome

kengrome Senior Member

David, do you want a flats boat or an offshore boat or something in between?

I'm designing a flats boat and a cheap and simple surface drive propulsion system to go along with it. The boat itself will draft less than 4 inches total at 1000+ pounds, and this includes propeller clearance -- a non-issue in this boat because the prop is completely above the bottom of the hull

Obviously this boat is designed for flat and protected waters and not appropriate for offshore fishing (unless you don't mind getting WET!) but you never said what kind of cat you're looking for so maybe this will work for you. The boat will be fast with a big enough engine and handle a small chop at speed, but a bigger chop will make you slow down:

[​IMG]

The boat is in the concept stage and as thus it is shown unfinished, but finished it will have a flat deck with a very large raised casting platform forward, an inboard engine enclosed in the center mounted console, a clear deck across the back of the boat (no outboard in the way here), built-in insulated wells with removable liners for things like bait, fish, cold drinks, dry storage, etc. and a few more goodies I won't be adding until I finalize the hull shape.

7. Alik

Alik Senior Member

8. captainjsw

captainjsw Junior Member

9. dav803

dav803 New Member

just a power cat that is offshore capable . one that can be built in composite . one that can be built on a budget. no need for any cnc files just dimensional plans.

thanks guys
    david e

10. CTMD

CTMD Naval Architect

David,

Can you please send me an email I think I can help but need to know a bit more about what you are after.

Regards

Chris

11. kengrome

kengrome Senior Member

Honestly, I don't think there are many (or any?) designers who sell plans for power cats in this size range, especially offshore capable versions. It seems like most power cats are only avialable as production boats. I would be interested in finding plans for this type of boat myself. Phil Bolger designed a power cat but it's not what you're looking for, it's more of a protected water boat.

12. Alik

Alik Senior Member

Attached Files:

13. kengrome

kengrome Senior Member

Looks like you have one Alik, how much are the plans?

14. CTMD

CTMD Naval Architect

The other person to try is Roger Hill

www.powercatsnz.com

He has quite a few small cats out of aluminium and composite (I know because I worked on most of them when i worked for him). Tell him Chris sent you.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.