Major Paint Issue!!

Discussion in 'Wooden Boat Building and Restoration' started by WesS, Jan 21, 2010.

1. WesS

WesS Junior Member

I am building a plywood boat and my son spilt indoor latex wall paint on it. The spot is about 1' in diameter and has been wipped off and had denatured alcohol rubbed on it as I tried to get it off. My question is: Will this inhibit/repel/mess-up the epoxy/fiberglass system when applied. I am going to paint the boat so color doesn't matter from the paint.

HELP ME!!!!!!!:(

2. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Sand it it out, fill the depression (if one develops from the sanding) with thickened epoxy, fair the area and move on to the sheathing process as planned. This things happen and you have other good reasons to sell your son into slavery. Reminding him of this fact is helpful from time to time.