First project new skills added

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by KnottyBuoyz, Jun 1, 2008.

1. KnottyBuoyz

KnottyBuoyz Provocateur & Raconteur

We're planning to build our next boat and have used our current boat as a rehab project to build some of the skills we'll need. One thing we've done is invest in some good quality tools, a HD Singer 500A sewing machine and snap tool. So today the wifey (KnottyGirlz) put together her first zip in plastic window. For a first timer it's actuall pretty good. Not professional but good 'nuff for this ole' boat. We chose the smoked plastic for UV protection and some privacy (no nothing funky going on in the cockpit keep it clean fellas). Over the last few years we've done a lot of wiring, systems upgrades, tune ups and you might remember the outdrive fiasco. It's pretty self satisfying to be able to do all these things ourselves and become more self sufficient. Total cost in materials for this one window about $40. Besides all that it was fun!

[​IMG]

2. thudpucker

thudpucker Senior Member

Rick I thought you were already knee deep into that wooden wonder?

Nice job on the Canopy.
    Before I sold my last Big boat I was getting ready to Glue the Canvas to the clear plastic on the sides (not the windshield).
    Did you sew your windows in, or glue them?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.