Calculation of Coeficient of wave resistace-Planing hull

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Anil@heisco, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Anil@heisco

Anil@heisco Junior Member

Hey Everyone,

I have to calculation Design loads for a planing vessel which inturn requires Cw- coeficient of wave reisitance to be calculated.
    I searched through many books including PNA-vol2, things were not fruitful.
    Can some one help me up plsease:( .

Anil

2. jehardiman

jehardiman Senior Member

Most methods for planing boats calculate resistance in total and do not attempt to seperate Cw from Cf due to the intrinsic difficulty in doing that for a dynamicly supported hull.

Is there a special reason you need Cw, such as wake field calculation? There are other methods out there for far field wake evaluation.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2010
  3. Anil@heisco

Thanks for ur reply Sir,

Actually i am calculating Design loads for a high speed vessel using DNV ,where for the calcualtion of Longitudinal acceleration and the forth coming pressure the value of Cw(i.e Coeficient of wave resistance) is essential. Could there be any formula to calculated it??????

4. jehardiman

jehardiman Senior Member

Are you sure that Cw means wave making resistance? Normaly, logitudinal load for high speed craft is calculated by maximum speed (i.e. total slamming load).

5. Anil@heisco

Ya its the wave coefficient-Cw and i got the formula too, it was there in the Classification rule book:) :) Thanks for everything sir:)

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.