Classic mid 60's Mahogany Lapstrake 19' Boat

Discussion in 'Wooden Boat Building and Restoration' started by tcramsay, Jan 15, 2008.

1. tcramsay

tcramsay New Member

Can anyone help identify this boat. I have had it barn stored for about 10years.

Volvo Penta Aquamatic AQ110/100 engine. This is a 4 Cyl. OHV, 110 HP, Twin Stromburg 150 cd Carb's, with original Workshop manual (Aug 1967).

additionally, what sites have referenceable pics of classic wooden boats of this nature? I believe the boat may be of Canadian origin.

I have more pics

Attached Files:

2. charmc

charmc Senior Member

Initially I thought perhaps Cruisers or Lyman, but there doesn't seem to be enougn flare in the bow to be either of those.

Google wood boats, classic boats, or wooden boats, also try substituting runabouts for boats. Try the same thing in the search function of this forum, also. There are many, many sites out there with information that will help you identify and restore (if that's your goal) your boat.

3. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

It's not a Lyman I recognize. A careful check of the gauge faces, controls, knobs and under things, like the dash board, engine cover and odd ball nooks and grannies may yield a builder or manufacture's plate. What does the title say it is?

4. tcramsay

tcramsay New Member

thanks

thx charmc and par. I have looked hi and lo for the mfg plate with no luck. I have found a mid 60's Grew (built in Ontario) that has the same engine but that is about it. I will get a few bow pics up in the next few days. Thx for the search tips.
    ciao tc

5. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

I'll bet there is some sort of ID on the boat. It's probably the "secondary" ID which is usually hidden from easy view (intentional). Other then that, hull shape will not offer much, though could limit the scope of the search somewhat.

You're best luck will be the hardware aboard and the small printing they may have on them. Things like "Manufactured for . . ." or even the builders name out right, is often common on these pieces.

Engines and drive combos are not builder specific usually, unless it's was a large well known manufacture. At the age of this old gal, she very possibly will have been repowered and not necessarily with the same setup as originally used.

What does the title say?

6. tcramsay

tcramsay New Member

right the title ! what title? LOL

unfortunately the boat came without title

ciao tc

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.