mercury 1150 fuel problem

Discussion in 'Outboards' started by Cory247, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Cory247

Cory247 Junior Member

Ok so I've found another problem with my merc 1150 I got it started and it was running ok with the idle lever halfway up so I went over to the outboard about to adjust the idle speed and I noticed that on the bottom carby there is fuel spitting out of the float bowl. Cover vent screw! Does anybody know why this would be happening? And how to fix it?

2. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

Sounds like things are falling apart down at beautiful bayside Wynnum today ! You must get hold of a workshop manual before doing any work yourself, imo. Is a drain screw on the carby loose ? Maybe the needle valve is sticking ? Follow manual troubleshooting procedure for any running problems, this sounds like an old motor that has a few issues.

3. Cory247

Cory247 Junior Member

Mr efficiency yeah it is a very old motor ive been told its late 70's but im willing to put in the hard yards to get this beast running again and do you know where I would be able to get a manual from at all???

4. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

You might find one on-line, don't know how good it would be though. Failing that a Mercury dealer might be able to point you in the right direction. It is a motor that was built in big numbers, so you should find a manual for it.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.