Final Project: Ferry Jetfoil Design

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by radityonugra, Apr 17, 2017.

1. radityonugra

radityonugra New Member

Hello i'm an undergraduate student in Department of Naval Architecture and Shipbuilding Engineering, Faculty of Marine Technology, Sepuluh Nopember Institute Technology, Surabaya, Indonesia.

I wanna ask for more about my final project, the title is "Design of High Speed Passenger Craft (Ferry Hydrofoil) for Batam, Indonesia to Singapore". Design is conceptual design.
    I just inspired this title from my friend when visits to Hong Kong and sail to Macau with Jetfoil from TurboJET.

I found my problem to calculate the displacement and volume displacement, coefficients (block coefficient, waterplane coefficient, etc), resistance and propulsion.

To calculate all of them, what references can I use? Please do me a favour because I distracted to begin this project.

Thankyou for your cooperation.

2. terhohalme

terhohalme BEng Boat Technology

Did you already studied similar existing vessels?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.