Fibreglass help needed

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by RSD1, Oct 5, 2019.

1. BrissoDamo

BrissoDamo Junior Member

I can't see foam cored fiberglass as the answer, especially for diving, hard tanks getting dropped on to the deck- 4mm checker plate would be the go, load the cylinders onto the vessel after towing to the water.
    First thing I did to my mustang bluewater 2000 was to pull the ply fuel tank cover-replaced it with 5mm checker plate, laminate the rest of the ply deck with 2mm sheet alloy(using PUA glue) after laminating it with csm and expoxy

2. BrissoDamo

BrissoDamo Junior Member

2mm is to weak, I made a couple of tool carryalls out of 2mm, they bend quite a bit- the decks on my old platey were 4mm, 3mm will ding up too easy IMHO.