Osculati toe rails

Discussion in 'Materials' started by Scuff, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Scuff

Scuff Senior Member

2. bajansailor

bajansailor Marine Surveyor

Osculati generally seem to have a fairly good reputation for their products.

What type of boat do you intend to use them on?

3. Scuff

Scuff Senior Member

A 28' sailboat. I see they do list a distributor on the east coast of us.

4. William Daniels

William Daniels New Member

I also plan to use them. As soon as I try, I will immediately write my impression.

5. Scuff

Scuff Senior Member

William what are you using them on?

6. Scuff

Scuff Senior Member

I contacted the distributor for the US located in new England. They don't carry the toe rails because the shipping cost is prohibitive.

7. fallguy

fallguy Senior Member

I had a ton of trouble sourcing Osculati product. Their nav lights were my favorite and I found some on Ebay. Well, they sent me two green lights which was the problem all over the US, only green. Then when I filed a complaint with Ebay that the seller misrepresented they had red available; the seller asked me to close the complaint so they could 'resolve'. So Ebay gave me all my money back and the vendor did not get the lights back.

Anyhow, so I had two green ones. I finally called Force 4 Chandlery in the UK and they said they could get red lights and so I ordered two...yeah. About a month later no lights and I called them and they had some snafu, but got the order made then. Finally, got the lights like 4-6 months after the initial Ebay order.

Bottom line. Force 4 Chandlery came through for me.

bajansailor likes this.

8. Scuff

Scuff Senior Member

Thanks, I was hopeful I could get them the price was very reasonable compared to the other options. I may look for some used rails.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.