ferro-cement submarine versus conventional concrete

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by tugboat, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rwatson

rwatson Senior Member

I am not necessarily supporting the project, just mindless insane drivel from you and a couple of other professional thread wreckers about aspects of the discussion driven not by reason, but your psychological sociapathy,

Inspect the photographs closely - the white hulls are built in entirely different locations. Look at the background of the black hulled sub - in a couple of pictures you can see the control tower not in the other photos.

Now, if you look at Wellmers site, he states that the sub is being built at
    "NAVTECH Shipyard Cartagena Colombia "

A quick search in Google, shows the same control tower in a dozen unrelated photo shoots

eg

http://www.google.com.au/imgres?img...a=X&ei=llw-TM3uFo3WvQOY0v3WDg&ved=0CB4Q9QEwAg

Now, why dont you and your sociapathic mates just leave us poor logical reasoning dummies to have a decent conversation with someone who at the very least has had the balls to put his money where his possibly deluded mind is - and actually built a huge concrete edifice that we are interested in !!!!!

Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
    2 people like this.
  2. Ken Johansson

Ken Johansson Junior Member

It's visible from space!

10° 23.226'N 75° 30.991'W

3. rwatson

rwatson Senior Member

Well done, I looked all over the area before without any luck. My google earth map is dated september 2009.

based on the latest web info at http://www.concretesubmarine.com/ my prediction of never getting launched is looking pretty good.

4. apex1

apex1 Guest

Had not seen this nasty attack before.

So what, Ellmer has shown a picture of a concrete structure (which is not definetively sure his property) which is located at a yard in Cartagena.

Means I was wrong about the location!

And then? Does it make anything better with Mr Ellmers idiotic attempts?

YOUR sociapathic attitudes at least dont! (but I never expected any nice attitudes from you)

5. dskira

dskira Previous Member

You rely to much on Google. It is a dangerous source of information. Ones has to be extremely careful with the Internet. Books and papers from real library can be trusted, since they can't be edited by other. I saw so many info's changing in Google it is frightening.
    How you know it's his money? just asking.
    Daniel

6. dskira

dskira Previous Member

Barnum said: A sucker is born every ten minutes. :D

Wellmer knows it :D

7. wardd

wardd Senior Member

i was only born once

8. rwatson

rwatson Senior Member

sigh .... how about you review carefully your very personal, very vitriolic non academic character assasination of Wellmer, and a fair few other threads.

I know its hard to look at oneself, and see flaws. I am not the only one to bring to attention your antagonistic, right at any cost ( even when you are patently wrong ) responses and comments. How about you make a genuine attempt at climbing down off your high horse and play nicely with us insignificant underlings ? Who knows, you might enjoy yourself.

9. Maddie

Maddie Junior Member

Well said.

A druggie advertising for submarine business on the web. LOL

I, for one, found the website very informative. http://concretesubmarine.com/

10. apex1

apex1 Guest

To whom was that addressed?

11. mydauphin

mydauphin Senior Member

Wellmer, may have started with a good idea but descended into a scam. This thread is a testament to that.

12. rwatson

rwatson Senior Member

What ? Just because people accuse him of something doesnt make him guilty! Anyone who gets a 50 tonne lump of concrete completed ( if not launched ) has achieved a fair bit of "the dream". Sure, I am happy to ask hard questions and require hard evidence, but I really get annoyed with people who jump to conclusions and assassinate a persons character to puff up their own ego.

Lets hope Wellmer has sunk all his money into the sub, because he could make a fortune instigating legal action against quite a few 'commentators' on this thread.

13. mydauphin

mydauphin Senior Member

He never showed pictures of inside of sub, layout or anything else beside a big long stucco looking black malformed monster. The look of sub was contrary to his advertise cast in sand molded concrete method he said. Furthermore he never show pictures of sub being built. All very suspicious. Which one of us proud boat builders don't have at least twenty pictures of our boats being built? He was asked on many occasions some hard questions on the building of it and his answers were comical. I built with concrete marine structures for a living and I can tell you it was a fake, a mock-up perhaps of the intended sub. If he would have been honest to begin with, I am sure e would have gotten many investors in idea here. I myself would have donated to the cause expertise and material since at the time I could have very easily done concrete work, and had yard to do it in US.

1 person likes this.
  14. darr

darr Open Minded

I am personally aware of several build projects that were put on hold between the late months of 2007 and now.

It is called the great recession.

I only have to go over to the boat shop to see it in action.

If his money was US based, then I can certainly understand why there has been no progress recently.

15. mydauphin

mydauphin Senior Member

It wasn't put on hold, it was a mockup. A scam. It was built of wood and paper mache, with a thin layer of cement perhaps.

So look at this, how much is this sub suppose to weight, 50 tons, 100tons , yet it is sitting on the ground on some very small pieces of wood. Being held on sides by some even smaller pieces of wood. Look at how submarine hull is very irregular, unlike a molded vessel. Contrary to what Wellmer said. Notice area around portholes how misshapen they are. Look at the prop does that look like a prop designed in the 18th century. This looks like a submarine for a mini golf park, not a valid piece of poured in place high strength concrete vessel. It could perhaps be a fiberglass fuel tanks that was stucco on outside.

If you guys want to believe it is a submarine, Fine, I am going to paint it silver and call it a UFO from another planet. For it can not dive as much as it can not fly. SORRY DREAMING IS FUN, JUST DONT LIE TO GET PEOPLES MONEY. If you look at his website, that is all it is about.

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.