Gause Built Boats

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by noa, Jul 5, 2007.

1. noa

noa New Member

Finally got the boat that I really wanted, but my excitement was short lived. The Gause Built 26 does not live up to the hype. I'm used to Lake and Bay, so I knew the Gause wouldn't be the flats boat they made it out to be, but even off shore I was disappointed with its performance. Very disappointed.

2. SailDesign

SailDesign Old Phart! Stay upwind..

Did you test drive one before buying? If not, then I'm afraid the Post-
    Purchase remorse is a natural byproduct. This doesn't help, I know, but I do feel your pain.
    Caveat Emptor, and all that.

3. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

Disappointed how? Surely any element of the design that wasn't to your liking would have been evident when you test-drove it. You did test-drive it, right?
    Gotta agree with SD here. A well-informed buyer is rarely disappointed if he does his research well before signing the cheque.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.