Manta Catamarans

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by capyjlj, Aug 26, 2009.

1. capyjlj

capyjlj New Member

Does anyone know what happened to Manta Catamarans? If out of business, where did the molds and equipment end up?

2. neelie

neelie Junior Member

Went broke, closed doors about a year ago.. The molds are still in the factory in Sarasota. Last I heard the owner of the building was keeping them in lieu of rent owed and is looking for a buyer.

3. capyjlj

capyjlj New Member

thanks

4. SRQWOODWORKS

SRQWOODWORKS New Member

Manta Catamarans original owner unfortunately came down with a terminal illness and although his business was his passion and he put forth great dedication to each and every custom Manta; he was forced to sell his company and it ended up being to someone who mis-portrayed himself and the business failed from there.
    I worked for Manta Catamarans for years, managing almost every department but most notably the cabinetry/carpentry & interior departments. I have found many forums where confused Manta owners feel they have no where to turn. Although I was out of a job when Manta closed up, I found my own passion while working for them & started my own Marine woodworking business. I know just about every there is know about Mantas, probably working hands-on on everyone one that is currently out there. If you know any Manta owners who have any questions or are need of some help in regards to their vessels please direct them to my website www.SRQwoodworks.com, I have dedicated a special page to Manta owners & any questions they may have. I would be happy to help them, answer any of their questions or direct them to someone that could.

5. SRQWOODWORKS

SRQWOODWORKS New Member

Manta Catamarans original owner unfortunately came down with a terminal illness and although his business was his passion and he put forth great dedication to each and every custom Manta; he was forced to sell his company and it ended up being to someone who mis-portrayed himself and the business failed from there.
    I worked for Manta Catamarans for years, managing almost every department but most notably the cabinetry/carpentry & interior departments. I have found many forums where confused Manta owners feel they have no where to turn. Although I was out of a job when Manta closed up, I found my own passion while working for them & started my own Marine woodworking business. I know just about every there is know about Mantas, probably working hands-on on everyone one that is currently out there. If you know any Manta owners who have any questions or are need of some help in regards to their vessels please direct them to my website www.SRQwoodworks.com, I have dedicated a special page to Manta owners & any questions they may have. I would be happy to help them, answer any of their questions or direct them to someone that could.

6. SuenosAzules

SuenosAzules Junior Member

Sad about this company, but it looks like SRQWOODWORKS turned a bad thing around into a good thing. Good boat woodworkers are hard to come by and I believe it is truly an art. I am always happy to survey any older classic wooden boat. I will check out your website SRQ..

7. SRQWOODWORKS

SRQWOODWORKS New Member

Thank you Captain!

Great to meet you, and I will take a look at your website as well!

8. babyaz2001

babyaz2001 New Member

Does anyone know who the landlord is for the factory for Manta Catamarans or how to get a hold of them as I'd love to buy the molds and put Manta Catamarans back on the map. If anyone knows email me at babyaz2001@hotmail.com I'd greatly appreciate it.

9. WestVanHan

WestVanHan Not a Senior Member

An acquaintance was on the same quest as you a while back..told me they were sold to a Chinese co.

10. babyaz2001

babyaz2001 New Member

Oh wow

Oh wow thats just sad that the moulds were sold to a chinese company. Hopefully they will put them back on the map. Probably unlikely though.

11. Stuff4Toys

Stuff4Toys 3Hulls.com

Manta Catamarans is looking for a select (1) one venture capitalist / equity partner; or several small investors to help us put this line back into production.
    The first steps have been taken, we have located a building suitable for production, have spoken with many of the key personnel from the old company, we have had the molds surveyed by professionals and have a schedule of processes needed to bring the molds back into production quality.
    We have started working on the marketing machine, website and social networking and are putting together a boat show appearance schedule. We have started building the hype and making small waves in the market.
    Be the first to place an order and receive a substantial discount of the construction of your new boat.
    For more information, Business Plan and Cash Flow Projections give us a call @ 941-979-9728 during normal business hours.
    Thanks
    John & Marge Lange

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.