animation

Discussion in 'Software' started by hareb, Apr 3, 2006.

1. hareb

hareb New Member

hi all, i'm a rhinoceros user so my Q is: can i animate in rhino and if i can how....... thank you

2. SailDesign

SailDesign Old Phart! Stay upwind..

3. hareb

hareb New Member

thank you steve

4. Chris Ostlind

Chris Ostlind Previous Member

Rhino Animate

You can also save, either your screen shots or individual rendered frames from Flamingo, and create a short sequence in Quicktime.

Bongo is much more of a scripted path animation function with the ability to create "tween" frames from specific keyed images.

If you want your animation to follow a specific path, with a specific degree of movement along the path, under controlled lighting effects, the best answer is Bongo within Rhino. It really helps to have had some measure of animation control before using, but the tutorial is good and there's a great user group if you need to post questions.

Chris

5. solrac

solrac 100% sudaca

if cost is not an issue, the first choice will be 3D Studio by Autodesk, it does all, texturize, lights, render & frames, even can save it on an AVI or MPG video....
    second choice, ModelView by Intergraph (if you can find any license, it's discontinued) it does texturizing, lights, render & frames, then you must "compose" the frames on a video with any external freeware (Personal Video Framer / Personal Avi Editor / Fast Movie Processor, can be found out there w/google)
    if money does matter, the freeware choice: Blender (even if you all can't trust me, it does the same as 3D Studio, but free :D :D :D :D :D :D )
    http://www.blender3d.org/cms/FAQ.194.0.html

6. aquabat

aquabat New Member

Alternatively, Rhino 3 has a basic animation function. It will allow you to carry out turntable, flythrough or path animation therefore the camera simply moves around a static model. The output is an HTML animation, which you can run in windows explorer. It also creates each rendered frame for you, which you can use in Quicktime, Paint Shop Pro –Animation Pro or any other animator.

7. ludesign

ludesign Senior Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.