fast but lightweight cruiser

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by Gary Baigent, Dec 25, 2013.

1. santacruz58

santacruz58 Senior Member

Quite a difference from the boat you posted on #20. Gone is the wide flare in the top sides. What material were you thinking for this newer version?
    nelson

2. Gary Baigent

Gary Baigent Senior Member

Strip planked paulownia. I used this method on Groucho's 11 metre main beam. Thinking maybe to spread the soft step wider to give larger base for main beam attachment. This is just an execise at the moment ... because I'm thinking more about the 6.5 - which will be like a smaller version of the cruiser missile - but with different float/foils and single mast. I've got Flash Harry's old 9.5 metre wing mast down the side of the house (which Jacques is too frightened to put on his 27 foot Shifty) but which would be (maybe reduce height a little) ideal for the Bad looking Insect 6.5.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.