Fantail steam launches

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by confused, Feb 18, 2009.

1. apex1

apex1 Guest

Stop kidding mate...........................................................................who said electronics?
    that was a serious and proper advice, and given for free by a pro!

2. confused

confused New Member

3. confused

confused New Member

4. apex1

apex1 Guest

Mike the boiler above will not even start your engine under load. Toy...........
    The engine shown is just as wide as the PISTON you would need.

No proper figures for sterling´s, sorry I just do´nt know.

Regards
    Richard

5. confused

confused New Member

so if I bought that, then that's all I would need?
    thanks,

6. apex1

apex1 Guest

The Sterling? No, definitely not! Just another toy, obviously!

7. confused

confused New Member

No! noo! I mean the boiler and engine!

8. apex1

apex1 Guest

No Mike, have a look, that toy is much smaller than yours!!!

9. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Is this another example of not willing to do, or being able to make the calculations necessary to accomplish the tasks and goals desired?

You basically have two choices: follow a set of plans carefully, knowing the calculations have been preformed and success can be reasonably assumed or conversely, get sufficient enough education to perform the calculations yourself and hope you've covered enough disciplines in your education, to understand all the aspects of the finished product.

10. confused

confused New Member

no! wth?! and they didn't state the bore OR the stroke, and I was wondering what the hell apex meant by " The engine shown is just as wide as the PISTON you would need," or whatever!

11. PAR

The little boiler shown on EBay, is literally as small in diameter as the piston of your engine. It's a toy, intended as a conversation piece. It only stands a few inches tall.

Without calculations, you're just blowing smoke.

12. confused

confused New Member

I see. well, again, I found a new type of motor that can run on steam. I need YOU to tell me if it is powerful enough, if it will work and all that good stuff. I found a reversible pneumatic motor, (works on steam?) it is the 1am-nrv-39a. you will find it here: http://ptpstore.com/g_1am_air_motors.htm, it is the third one from the top of the list, and guess what? its not a toy. It says it is "4 vanes, reversible."
    thanks,

13. PAR

Sweet Lord, you need to stay in school or study harder or something . . .

14. confused

confused New Member

very funny... I'm only in 7th grade! what do you expect me to know except my current knowledge of engines and boats? and SOME math... an you are how old? a couple of centuries?

15. confused

confused New Member

BTW, steam engines for me (for now, MAYBE in a few years I can afford 1) are unaffordable. An' also, it seems that the way things are going, I might not be alive to build a steam launch when I am old enough, and have enough money. yes, sounds serious, well, I can tell you that "the way things are going" is not good. it all seems to add up to the 2012 thing. And for some reason, I am not afraid of dying when 2012 finally comes. Well, if what conspiracy theorists (spelt right?) say is true, then martial law is going to be enforced. "Martial law?" Martial law literally keeps you from traveling out of state. I could go on about all this stuff, but I don't have time. it would be nice to warn you of all the coming crap, but I would probably get shot or something. It's nice to think that the coming stuff is not going to happen, well, whats the use of thinking that it is not going to happen, when it really is and there is nothing you can do about it?
    thanks,

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.