Fairing forms

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Bose, May 17, 2006.

1. Bose

Bose New Member

Wich software is best for fairing forms

2. Bose

Bose New Member

sorry but i dont undrestand you

3. CGN

CGN Senior Member

There is a list of software here on the forum but i can give you some examples:

Here is a list of software for lines fairing:

Freeship, Maxsurf, Autoship, FastShip, ProSurf.

Also there are other programs like

Rhino, Touchcad, Shipcam, Foran, Tribon, SeaSolution and many more

you can start with FreeShip, on top of this software's if you want to pursue more design detailing using software you may need other software for design like for calculations of speed and stability as well a CAD program and maybe a 3D modeler like Rhino.

4. akuamare

akuamare New Member

I prefer

MaxSurfPro

and

Rhinos, Foran & Tribon

What about Catia for naval design?

5. Bose

Bose New Member

I use Rhino and Foran-Fsurf but im not statisfied with those.
    so im searching for something better.
    I heard that SeaSolution is good but im interested for Fastship but if someone can tell me who have experiences with Fastship it is possible import the 3d curve of form (constructive frames) and make all form by this curves??

6. craig mclean

craig mclean Junior Member

New to boat design, very good at old school tooling, but?

Hi I currently work for Kal Kustom Ent. tooling reinell and blue water boats, I'm learning all the tricks of trade from an older man who has designed 100'S of boats that were actually produced. However i feel i'm in the stone age at the drafting table. How can i possably keep up? I can tool a boat from raw materials, making plug and mold, but need to further my skills in computer aided drafting. I've downloaded a eval. program of rhino3d and think its pretty cool. But im pretty confused with some of it. Do you know what steps i need to take? maybe a more simple prog? any certain training? i would appreciate any help.
    Craig Mclean

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.