Drainage problem 07 Wellcraft 180 Sportsman

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by Wellcraft 180 Sportsman, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Wellcraft 180 Sportsman

Wellcraft 180 Sportsman New Member

I wonder if anyone knows how the drainage runs from fore to aft in a Wellcraft 180 Sportsman 2007? Water gathers in the front bilge and does not easily drain aft, where the bilge pump is. I have used a 12 foot plumbers snake, and it went all in. Then I used a steel rod, and it seemed to stop in some foam. Just in front of the bilge pump, there is a drainage hole. In the opening, it appears to have some hardened and forgotten fiberglass covering part of the hole, not easy to remove...However, the rest of the opening seems ok, with no obstructions. Should I drill an additional hole to get water into the aft bilge? I plan to buy a borescope to look around inside the hull. Knowledge about the drainage construction and recommendations are welcome.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.