Faces to names

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Wynand N, Apr 11, 2008.

1. MikeJohns

MikeJohns Senior Member

Where would you put something like this? There is only one venue and thats open discussion.

The open discussion section was for threads that didn't fit the boat design criteria and for chat threads. I dont think its either sensible or very considerate to chat on every thread started here if they are not intended as general chat threads. I'm not sure what the 'Dungeon' is but you can start any number of idle chat threads for sociable banter without filling someone elses thread which ultimately just destroys it. Some of the more 'inane' posts just amount to graffiti style 'tagging' . However since we are a community I know there will be other opinions too. But is it really hard to consider whether the thread is for chat or serves a more useful function to the forum as a whole?

Frosty how about a decent picture of you on here ? Then we could get this thread back onto its original track.

It was really good to see pictures of the people that have contributed their photos so far, but lets encourage more people to contribute rather than sinking it in a sea of drivel.
    Please

2. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Ok Ille see what I can find.

3. masalai

masalai masalai

MikeJohns, OK here is what you do, in the bar at the top of the page is a row of buttons "Boat Design Forums | Boat Design Directory | Boat Design Gallery | Boat Design Book Store | Thanks to Our Site Sponsors | Sitemap" click on the first one, then you will see a list of 10 main forums and some of the sub-forums, select your favourite one - one that equates with your interests, say, for example, Powerboats, so click on it and enter that then create a thread in there called "Powerboat Faces to Names", then post your own photo and a brief bio or whatever, inviting others to similarly post if this is their interest - - All too easy...

If a thread is not "kept alive" it becomes buried and difficult to find. I had to go back quite a bit to find and revive this only after about 40 days....:D:D

4. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

Mike with al due respect, your not often seen down here in the dungeon -normally too serious for that! OK that's your perogative, there's plenty of forums and things upstairs where you can mix with your own kin to your hearts content! some do! some stay there, but few slide into anothers world and whinge about his world -you come into my kitchen, you sit by my fire, you drink my coffee the way I make it! Your more than welcome anytime, just please don't t4ell us how to suck eggs, down here we sucks 'em out way! In your world you sucks em your way! Jeff knows this and accepts it so why don't you!

by al means come down anytime it's great to see you, but play nice?

thankee' kindly sorr!

5. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Hi Mike, never mind these hooligans :D

We just keep the thread going to get a picture... oh wait a MINUTE !!!! A DECENT picture of Frosty.

Well now you see, I have to really go dig to find a decent picture of me. Have a better chance of the ex have one :rolleyes:

He he Frosty... did you mention one you're stripping on stage with the gals ? Now that would make a pretty decent picture I dare say old chap what.

6. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

thank god fer them "black bars" with the words "edit' across the front of them "nasty" pics hehe ;) ,,,i'll delete this in a month or :::::::::D;)

7. artemis

artemis Steamboater

Jimmy is dyslexic, Jimmy is dyslexic, Nah, nah, nah nah nahhhh! :p :p :p

1 person likes this.
  8. masalai

masalai masalai

Nah, musta found that virgin left over from the frolics at the bar last week?, and being a good citizen, took her to the hospital for treatment & is complaining about the blood on the leaves and that she leaves blood? I dunno nuttin, honest?

9. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Jim prays to doG each night that this dyslexia thing will go away . . .

1 person likes this.
  10. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

hehe,,,and when i sacraficed a virgin to him,,,he jus licked me,,,,wuts up with that?,,i never read in the bible that god licked ya,,hehe ;)

1 person likes this.
  11. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

the one yu sure you ain't got the Book upside down?

12. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

no ,,its upright,,,,if ya stand on ya head :D

13. Trevlyns

Trevlyns Senior Citizen/Member

Well maybe you should move to Australia Jim :D

14. masalai

masalai masalai

Waaaakkkk, 2 rabid hippie types in the same country? It would become radio-active - UUUuuummm - could be fun Jim - not a bad idea at all????

15. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

i would LOVE to move to aussie,,,but,,,,,i have "small" problems getting a passport hehe;) ,,,and just so i stay on topic,,hehe ;) ,,heres my 3 year old showin us her "moves" hehe :D ,,,never mind,,my ole lady dont know wut ta hell she's doing and saved as some dumb@ss file ext,,that ya cant change..

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.