Faces to names

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Wynand N, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

Wynand...oh yeah, forgot the Lotus project, I would like one myself, but play with old bikes instead, probably cos that is all I can afford, but they ARE fun....

2. Guillermo

Guillermo Ingeniero Naval

Hi, Leo! :)
    Do you have a camera at all times in the bathroom? Or then, do you read several books during the same bathing session? Do you have several bathrooms at home? Is it something Freudian? :D

3. Leo Lazauskas

Leo Lazauskas Senior Member

No, they are just different hotel bathrooms, or "towing tanks and wave basins" as I like to think of them. :)

Leo.

4. Eliseviv

Eliseviv Junior Member

From Lotus Replica to catamaran

This is what I drive to and from the boat yard in.... Assembled it in 1999 the first time, and again in 2009..... Now IM bored with cars, so back to the childhood and yachts :)

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll293/eliseviv/OppossumBayRun/lotuscruise007-edited.jpg

5. Guillermo

Guillermo Ingeniero Naval

What part of your body do you use to generate waves....? :D:D

6. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

"Oh, Maid, bring a mop. There's a tsunami on the floor!

7. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

Eliseviv,

......nice toy.......swap ya for a nice bike?

8. Wynand N

Wynand N Retired Steelboatbuilder

Eliseviv, nice car, but mine is gonna be a little more traditional. For starters, nice wooden dash with classic ivory faced VDO's with brass trim. Body sides and tub will be bare aluminum, with deep red nosecone, bonnet, fenders and scuttle. Full windscreen of course....

Designed the suspension myself and at the rear it has an IRS unit with Ford Sierra 3.7:1 ratio diff. Power come from Toyota 3S-GTE series 2 turbo motor (from Celica GT) with my own light weight exhaust manifold made for turbo and all the lumps of cast iron removed from motor. Intake is also a custom aluminum plenum I built with the original TB fitted. Gearbox W58 unit.
    Std motor makes 165kw (221hp) but mine should be about 170kw at least with the better manifolding system and ECU unit. And my car would weigh just less than 600kg completed - power to weigh ratio would put any supercar to shame:cool:

9. Eliseviv

Eliseviv Junior Member

Wife wouldnt let me have a bike!!

I built the clubman as the wife wouldnt let me have a bike!!

:)

10. Eliseviv

Eliseviv Junior Member

Your better than me... I simply bought a kit and assembled But my car has inspired a few more traditional cars once they have had a chance to drive the clubman. The "snot rocket" as its been dubbed int he street, is the 20V 4AGE (120kW) with the T50. In the mid 90s when I was building her the 4AGE/T50 was the natural progresion from the Kent/T9 ford gear. Now in Oz the engines are varied with Mx5/Lexus/Focus/3SGE being the main choices. Regardless, they are all great fun... 220HP will make is greater fun! The real fun though is the instant power oversteer thats possible as a nice showoff tactic ;-). Oh and BTW I shame expensive cars with 120kW...... With 160kW you will simply make them look silly :D
    Cheers
    Brett

11. Leo Lazauskas

Leo Lazauskas Senior Member

My hand. I click my fingers and the punkawallahs increase their work-rate.

Leo.

12. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

Not many pictures of me around; I'm usually the one behind the camera. But here are a couple:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

On that last one I'm the guy with the blue shirt, and a death grip on the handhold in front of me.....

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.