Faces to names

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Wynand N, Apr 11, 2008.

1. ben2go

ben2go Boat Builder Wanna Be

I dunno if I'm smarter but thanks.I try to act like it even if I'm not.=^)

Thanks for the warm welcome.

2. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

been awhile charmz,,,,,Welcome back,,,,,what was ya out looking for the next "maine lobsta boat" winner?,,hehe,,thats what we gotta come up with,,,,a fast 1,,,we'll win that ugly trophy and pass it round through the mail,,hehe :D

3. charmc

charmc Senior Member

Reality rears its ugly head all too often, so this ugly old guy must spend time on the job: research, preparing proposals, travelling, etc, etc. Man, this compulsion to eat and sleep indoors gets expensive at times. :D :D

Had a nice quiet weekend. Noticed that, despite the hoopla, the field for the Sarasota offshore powerboat race was down more than 50% from last year. Several boats won their class "championship" by default: they showed up and crossed the start line.

Think we're hitting the point where fuel costs are modifiying behavior: lots of used SUV's for sale, megathousands in cash off and rebates for new ones, many more folks on bikes, most seem to be "not wealthy" types.

4. charmc

charmc Senior Member

Thanks, Jim.

Winning back that ugly old cup seems to take unlimited funds and lawyers these days; the sailboat races becoming anticlimactic. Scroom. :D

"Lobsta boats" and "lobstaing" seem to make sense. Good boats able to handle rough water, resonable speed with reasonable fuel consumption. Yankee inginooity!

5. ben2go

That's me 100%.I have 2 compact cars and a tiny pick up for trash duty.Retired 2 old gas hog cars to the shed and I have bought 4 motorcycles over the past year.Still have all 4 and will not be parting with them any time soon.It's nice to ride a motorcycle getting 65 to 70 mpg,and I can out run almost any car.Still getting 65-70 mpg.=^P

6. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

B'aint be one o' mine (I don't think) aint visited that part of the werld! Besides which if he has TWO cars and a truck he's rich! Me I don't ha ve no time for rich folk.....................or is it they don't have time fer me? that's more like it!

Welcome to the dungeon Ben, have to keep an eye on 'ee me handsom, sounds dubious, that rich and wantin' to play in the dungeon! Strange I tell 'ee, strange!

7. ben2go

I know my father even tho he passed when I was very young.He and my mother were drunken dope using hippies.I am what you end up with after a cocaine induced orgy.LOL Sad but true.

You gonna think I'm real rich.I own 5 vehicles in total and 4 motorcycles.2 of the vehicles I own with the misses,so I tend to not claim those as much.She drives those 2 and I occasionally will when we go together to do something.It be nice to be wealthy during this economic crunch.

8. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

whats wrong with drunkin hippies??? hehe:D:p see,, they just didnt know what the word "moderation" meant,,,,we call those, "wannabe hippies" :D:D ;)

9. safewalrus

moderation is when you collapse (and NOT before) - hell Jim, you know that mate!

10. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

i moderate,,,,i dont start "hippie'n" till after breakfast :D

11. ben2go

Nothin rong wif hippies.They usually don't make good parents.I had a touch of Jimmy Buffett in my youth,before I became a father. =^) I miss those days of freedom.

12. safewalrus

No good 'making' (in the American sense) a parent - she usually worries about the kid coming in halfway through! Nothing more disconserting than a little cold, wet, sticky hand on your back and a wee voice asking "what you doing to my mummy" nuff said!

13. ben2go

HAHAHA!!!!I gotta remember that.Our kids have come knockin at the door an scared the wee out of us.ROFLMAO

14. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

we're "wrestling" and i think mommy is winning,,hehe ;)
    and hippies make great parents Ben,,,idiots make bad parents, not hippies,,,,my kids have hippie parents,,they've never seen a drug.,,they've seen me drink maybe a 6 pack of beer in their whole life,,they have everything and more,,,and their hippie dad even went back to work 2 weeks after he broke 6 vertebrates in his neck.,,,,so it wasnt that ya parents were hippies that make em bad,,,,,its because they were idiots.hehe ;) ,,,that isnt a put-down,,,i just dont like it when "wannabe hippies" give the REAL hippies a bad name. hehe ;)

15. masalai

masalai masalai

Oh, I feel like a "Major Transformation" coming on... - - - Everyone seems to be moving to greater tolerance, deeper understanding and friendship toward one another (amongst the long-time regulars on BD net - it is quite evident to me) so all I can say is "May your deity give you grace and understanding to further develop and encourage these traits"..... I am significantly moved.....

I am getting serious (into cad and research aspects necessary) to develop my boat to meet the next stage in my life, so I may be posting less vigorously (if I can ? and reduce random acts of spattering to make Safie feel threatened... :D:D:D)

Mum is now in permanent care, and being well looked after... Her needs are greater than I can deliver 24 - 7 on a consistent and reliable basis, and she seems happy and comfortable and is cared for by excellent nursing and support staff. - - - tidying up and administrative detail is still to be finalized.... I will be visiting Mum most weekends for the foreseeable future....

I am looking forward to opportunities to meet as many of you as possible on the water - cruising whilst I am able..... Thanks....

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.