Chrystler Sea Mule

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by martinf, Nov 9, 2007.

1. martinf

martinf Junior Member

Hey all,
    Just found this site...looks very helpful.
    I'm in the process of purchasing an old 1944 Chrystler Sea Mule. 40 x 13 x 8 high, powered by 2 Chrstler straight 8 engines and 54" props. Ugly as all get out (reminds me of a thread I saw about the guy who is thinking about making a boat out of sea cargo containers).
    BUT, perfect for my needs--purchased for 4 thou and then I can make a house boat.

I'll be having lots of questions, but here's my first (and I didn't know where to stick this thread)...anybody out there no anything about thee old WWII pusher tugs? Operated one, owned one, etc., I'd sure appreciate any info
    Thanks,
    ~martin

2. ted655

ted655 Senior Member

====="Ugly as all get out (reminds me of a thread I saw about the guy who is thinking about making a boat out of sea cargo containers)."=======
    That would be me.
    Are there pictures or a link to further info?
    Gotta love that name, "Sea Mule"

3. charmc

charmc Senior Member

Ted,

Martin posted essentialy the same request under several different topics. If you go to all threads by martinf you can find the responses, with some links and pictures.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.