Exporting from Rhino to .gf format

Discussion in 'Software' started by immaculate, Apr 18, 2013.

1. immaculate

immaculate Junior Member

Dear forumers,

I am trying to export a spudcan (diamond shaped object) from Rhino to Autohydro / Model maker. However I am having issues with the attachGHSdata in Rhino, nothing is attached to the final gf.

The model was made in Autodesk Inventor and saved to a* iges format that I used to open in Rhino. Basically my main intention is to save this in .gf format which only Rhino can help with. I also want to create sections for this model.

Can anyone please enlighten me?
    Your help is much appreciated for my work!

2. babri

babri Junior Member

After using "attachGHSdata" commant in Rhino to define spud can sections, you shall "save as" the file in .gf formt. Then you can open the saved file by autohydro and use it.

3. immaculate

immaculate Junior Member

First, thanks alot for your reply! :D

Does it matter if the object is modelled as a surface or solid?

because i can't seem to totally select all at a time to create the sections.

4. SukiSolo

SukiSolo Senior Member

Check Rhino's help files on GHS export. You may be better off using a GHS Part Maker file.

Check under Utilities/Marine Data.

5. babri

babri Junior Member

The selected object for attachGHSdata command shall be closed surface. For complicated shapes you can use different closed surfaces. Each closed surface is defined as a component in attachGHSdata and a complicated part can be created using many components.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.